Fish Forums banner

"Lake Malawi" Cichlids Eating New Era

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  arch aquatics 
#1 ·
As you all may know African Cichlids - more specifically "Lake Malawi" graze on algae in the wild and is a good staple to their diet. Not sure if any of you heard of it or not but I've happen to stumble across this food product called New Era and just wanted to share with ya how much my guys love this stuff!

If you got a channel sub me and i'll check any vids you got out! I'm going to be making a new vid soon on my recent online order of fish

http://youtu.be/uikRouqxicU

#2 ·
I'm sure my Lake Malawi Syno Catfish would eat the stuff. He eats everything he can get his whiskers on as it is.

#3 ·
I'm sure he would.. You should check it out.

Stuffs great. Do you have Mbuna's as well?

#4 ·
i have never had rift lake fish refuse anything i ever put in the tanks...but i always made sure that i kept a good carpet of algae growing on the rocks for them....i love to watch them stand on their heads while grazing..

#5 ·
Yea I think overall these are my favorite fish.. They have so much personality and color its hard not to like them...

The thing I like most is they are Territorial but hardy at the same time. Not real delicate opposed to a Neon Tetra

#6 ·
Any African Mbuna Cichlid keepers here?

#7 ·
I'm a mbuna-keeper; I've got three tanks of them (55g/75g/125g), plus a small grow-out tank.

I also have frontosa's and tropheus (which are lake tanganyika cichlids).

I've posted some vid's on youtube under the user name 'y2kenny'.

#9 ·
i don't have any mbuna right now...i fiorst started breeding them in 1973...i have kept them off and on since then...but right now all i have in the way of rift lake cichlids are tangs...4 kinds of calvus...leleupi,challinichromis,daffodils and brichardi....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.