6-10 Cherry Shrimp (?)

20 gallons long
Heated 78 degrees
Filtration rated for 10-30 gallons with extra ammocarb added and sponges for BB
5000k 15w T8 flo light stip
2 medium monapi driftwood
2 large bunches of Hygrophila
2 Chain Swords

Tomorrow I should be recieving my Hornwort, Red tiger Lotus and XL mother Anubias, Anubias will go in the back corner oppisite of filter, the 2 Tiger Lotus will go in the back middle and the corner by the filter will be where I plant the hornwort.
I also have some mosses in QT waiting to be planted or tied to the driftwood :)
Weeping Moss
Java Moss

Q- will my lighting be anough for the plants I have in this tank or should I upgrade the light bulb?

10 Gallon Betta Tank.

Residents Include 1 male Double-Tail Halfmoon Betta, Moonie
2 Nerite snails
4 Cherry Shrimps (?)

10 Gallons
Heated 78 degrees
Filtration rated for 10 gallons with extra ammo carb and sponges for BB
2 6500k 10w bulbs
1 small Monapi driftwood
1 small group of Crypts
1 large Sword plant
2 Anubias
2 Tropical Ferns
3 Unbrella plants

Tomorrow I should be recieving my Hornwort for QT. I also have some Chain Sword in QT for this tank and some hydrophila but I need to rearrange all the plants again. Im thinking my crypts and swords are going to struggle, this will be their 3rd move, after the 2nd move they started yellowing :/ ...we shall see.
I will also be adding Weeping moss and Java Moss to the driftwood :)

*Note-The umbrella plants will be moved to pot in order to get the leaves up out of the water, they are doing really well, but the submerged umbrellas tend to have a shorter lifespan than emerged Umbrellas.

*Excuse Moonies appearance, tail biting began on week 3 in hospital tank. Regrowth has already begun and hes a much happier boy now!

Guppy Tank will have Hydrophila, Hornwort & Spiralis
What do you think of my tanks and plants? Suggestions welcome!

*Don't forget, they arent finished yet ;)

See less See more
#7 ·
its zoo med monapi driftwood from dr foster & smith (internet). Its 2 medium pc's I just lucked out and they were perfect to connect to make a little cave :)...

Thanks everyone!

Update* Unfortunately my hygro isnt doing well, its losing leaves left and right and turning wilty :/

#10 ·
Thanks mainely! J diaz I soaked the large pieces for 2 weeks, dumped the tub, refilled, no leaching :)

#13 · (Edited)
Thanks DMW!

Here are some updated pics..

The open space in the back has 3 red tiger lotus bulbs which are sprouting :D
cant wait til they fill the space in!

#15 ·
lol Mainely im not good with plants either..guess its a 50/50 chance with some plants, I lost my hygros, they literally melted to the point where there was nothing, not even stems left...so weird! Now my vals are melting but ive been informed they would probably grow back given time. My tiger lotus bulbs, chain swords, anubias and hornwort are doing quite well. Im also suprised in my betta tank that my swords & crypts are doing as well as they are, they browned when I first got them last week but I upped my bulbs to 6500k and dose mild fertz daily and they greened up again and everything appears to be growing in all my tanks :) ..its def worth a try with live plants. The best luck ive had are with the prepackage plastic container plants from petco and some plants from liveaquaria.com. I just upgraded my 20gal long to a 6500k ultra sun bulb too, hope it helps green my hornwort back up!
I need to update this post with some pics of the three bloodfin tetras swimming around :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.