Fish Forums banner

Treating Chytrid in ADF's! U

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  TheOldSalt 
#1 · (Edited)
Treating Chytrid in ADF's!

I believe my two ADF frogs in my 20g are infected with the nasty chytrid fungus.
I've had both for a while, about a month ago I purchased a 3rd ADF from petsmart, he showed signs and only lived about 5 days or so. I didn't realize how contagious the disease is, and I believe he's passed it on to my 2 other ADF's. One showing some symptoms- reddish skin, floating at the top, climbing out of the water on top of the heater suction cup. The other one is hiding beneath drift wood, but either way he is going to get the treatment as well.

Has anyone here had experience with Chytrid? I'm going to treat them tomorrow with the Lamisil / water bath, and then qt them in a 1.5 gallon tank for 10 days or. Hopefully this work. Has anyone else fought this battle? I've got a few questions about the whole thing. I don't want to have to 'nuke' the current tank they are in, that seems extremely difficult. Please help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.