Fish Forums banner

Bronze Corydoras

3K views 20 replies 4 participants last post by  Pleco 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I had just gotten a Bronze Cory, i need info on this fish. Is it OK if I feed it shrimp pellets? The temp is about 78 degrees so is that OK? I need as many tips as possible.

*UPDATE* Now he's twitching like my mollies. See "On Mollies..." by me to know what I mean. He's also pretending to be a pleco, he gulps air from the top. That's because they'res not enough oxygen right?

#3 ·
Well currently I need to know what's wrong with my Cory. He's also very (if too) active during the day, swimming left and right against the wall.

#4 ·
he is exploring his new home..it is very common for cories to shoot up to the surface to take a gulp of air...does not mean not enough oxygen....
you probably still have ich in the tank and could have infected the cory....78 is fine....

#6 ·
Loha, how did he get ich after not even 1 hour?

#8 ·
k but he's still at it, just on a different side.

#9 ·
a fish being moved gets stressed...and then is introduced into a diseased tank...that is truly a recipe for disaster...

G
#10 ·
Pleco: why didn't you deep clean the tank before you got another fish? That would have been the smart thing to do. Plus research the fish that you are getting yourself into. I don't know anything about the fish you got. But I typed a pretty lengthy comment on one of your threads on how to keep fish alive and such.

Ich can stay in a tank for a while, not sure how long but it stays in there for a while. Your new fish may be infected with ich because of it.

#11 ·
Yes Angelclown I know...
I can get pretty stupid when it comes to fish.

#13 ·
Deja vu.
We all do. He seems calmer now though.

#14 ·
i have 2 peppered corys in the 64L, very active and i think they are in love lol, they have a breather now an then then off to scavenge again...
they munched their way through one of the plants i had so i had to move that into the other tank with 1 leaf left, gonna see if i can get it to sprout again, looks promising.
are really nice fish to have in my opinion

#15 ·
I seriously still need to know if I can give it shrimp pellets, the API kind

#16 ·
yes....absolutely...but just make sure you provide it with proper nutrition....vegetable flakes or sticks too..

#17 ·
I got another Bronze Cory today. Hopefully, he's happy.
Let's just pretend they're not a breeding pair even though I don't know if they are.

#18 ·
if i had to live with the gravel in your avatar i would probably croak too...

it is not a breeding pair...because they have not bred for you yet...you just have 2 fish..

#19 ·
Uhh...why? They seem pretty happy now.

#21 ·
I just hope that the cories aren't dead when I come back from Peekn peak.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.