Fish Forums banner

Hello FF!

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Betta man 
#1 · (Edited)
I have already posted on the forum, but haven't written an introduction yet, so I figured I'd do it now. Well, I'll get on with it. I am getting back into freshwater fish keeping, after I got my first tank (and only, so far) at the end of 2010, In these 2 years I have kept platties, mollies, gouramis, a shark, a pleco, a glass catfish and a cory or two, all in this 20 gallon tank. No, I did not fit them in all at once. In my first 3 months of fish in the tank, I killed at least 1 every 2 weeks. I ended up having to sell back the rainbow shark and the 3-spot gourami for bullying my other fish last spring. But, with mistakes behind me, I now feel I can do better and am willing to take another step in the hobby. But I am sadly a minor, with no job, so I can't afford a lot of stuff. So, I look forward to my time at FF and hope this could perhaps be a lifelong hobby. (My plans for my revamped 20 gal community tank are below in my signature.) Sincerely, Vayu

#6 ·
Welcome to FF :)

#7 ·
Welcome, Vayu! This is a great site for all things aquarium. Have you met bullseyjoey? He's another young person who is a member. I think it's great that you are following your interests at an early age! Think about what an expert you'll be when you're ancient! (
like me, ha!ha!)

#9 ·
I feel your pain as a fellow minor. You can always wash neighborhood cars to make money though. Welcome to the forum!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.