Fish Forums banner

African dwarf frogs?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  graceful.04 
#1 ·
I have a 20 gallon community tank and was interested in putting two African dwarf frogs in there. I was curious if they would do well im my tank. I have done a bit of research and have read that they need to raise to the surface to breath air. I understand some tanks are too tall and it make it difficult for them to do so. My tank is about 16 inches tall. I am just curious how well these cool little guys would do in there? Any advice?

#3 ·
Your frogs would probably do well in there. Keep one thing in mind- they are blind for all intents and purposes so when you feed them you have to put the food right in front of them, they are not good scavengers.

#6 ·
They should be good with those tankmates, but they are nearly blind. Make sure you get African dwarfs and not African clawed frogs. There are small differences, but they can look similar. An interesting little amphibian and a unique community member.

#8 ·
There is food specifically for frogs that you can buy at many pet stores. I bought food for my frog at petco and he ate it happily until the date of his mysterious death... anyways they are adorable and so much fun to have in a tank. They'll be in hiding most of the time, but every once and a while you'll see them awkwardly swimming up for a gulp of air and it's just the cutest thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.