Fish Forums banner

Discus help!

3K views 31 replies 6 participants last post by  snyderguy 
#1 ·
A few days ago I posted the thread Angelfish help... now I need help with my discus. I just bought two more juveniles yesterday making a total of five discus that will hopefully pair up in the future. The issue is that they don't look like they're doing so well... I've rescued a sick discus from a bad pet store and he's healthy now so I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. Anyways, they're literally lying on their sides sometimes against the tank and sometimes just completely horizontal on the ground. I got these guys from a good pet store and they look healthy from their appearance so i dunno what's going on. Can anyone help me?

Grace

#27 ·
you have good surface agitation weedkiller , so using melafix shouldn't pose any problems...if it isn't helping to heal the fish there is most likely something else wrong...

#28 ·
i know, thats the big question... its lost colour, it sits at the top of the tank, the other gourami pushes it about a little, no spots, ive studied various sites with pics trying to sus whats going on but have concluded nothing, except going and buying every med out there where do i start lol,

#30 ·
There's multiple different things that could be going on. My guess is that you didn't completely heal the other one and the disease spread to the others, or someone is picking on them. What could also have happened is that where you got them from had totally different water parameters and you didn't acclimate properly. As a precaution, I ALWAYS drip acclimate for a good 30 minutes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.