Fish Forums banner

Bristlenose Pleco breeding, part II

3K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  Fishnut2 
#1 ·
I need more help.

I already have a female Bristlenose and theres a pet shop nearby that also sells Bristlenoses, except they are a little smaller than my female. Im thinking about getting two but what if I dont get lucky and end up with two males? Hmm.

The males also grow faster than the females, right?

#16 ·
Hey, the flashlight method doesn't work on juveniles.

#4 ·
Yeah, well, the fish store probably wouldnt approve of shining a flashlight on their fishies.

They don't sell albinos there either.

#5 ·
Pleco....the pair that i was going to sell you won't stop breeding...the male just released the fry from the cave about 4 days ago and they are already back in the cave spawning...
gonna have to drop a brick on em to get them to stop...lol

#7 ·
i agree fishnut.....when i went to see eric bodrock they had boxes of flashlights so you could look at the fish....terrible store lighting....awesome fish..

#8 ·
well ; this morning i went down to feed the fish....the plecos had spawned and there is a huge clutch of eggs in the cave...looks like 100+......going to have to have a fire sale on plecos.....actually i will most likely be trading them for other fish that are on my want list....

#9 ·
Oh, my gosh, could I have some for free? lulz

#10 ·
my dwarf royal farlowellas have been spawning like crazy...1 male and 4 females...
he will spawn with 1 and the other 3 wait in line for their turn..they are on spawn 3 now..number 4 is waiting...and number 1 is already starting to fill with eggs...
the red lizard whiptails have started to spawn..male ate the first 2 clutches..2 days now with the 3rd...
and the long fin bushynoses spawned again as well....i think i need to set up more tanks....lol

#11 ·
sure ; i'll give you some for free....but it will cost you $20 for the bag and water...
no....you cannot bring your own bag and water...

#12 ·
Why 20 dollars? Just wondering. And I think that I could do that.

#13 ·
Oh wait no. I can get two plecos for much less at my LFS.

LFS is local fish store, right?

Is it a certain store?

#15 ·
nope...no cardinals..i have some odessa barbs...and bushynose plecos..both albino and browns...
just kidding about the $20 pleco...at 2 inches i sell them for $5.00 each on aquabid..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.