Fish Forums banner

Pregnant Guppy Pictures

5K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  doggydad38 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any pictures of a pregnant guppy with a clear shot of the gavid spot? I browsed the forums and I couldn't find any that were very clear.

Its not a fetish :p The g/f bought a guppy from Walmart that she thinks is already pregnant and wants something to base an opinion on.

#2 ·
I don't have any pictures. Nor do I keep guppies. But, I do keep endlers and they are in the same family. When a female is carrying... the area behind her belly and above the anal fin is black, real black. Female endlers (and guppies) bellies look silver colored, so it is easy to see if they are gravid. I do not know of a particular spot that indicates they are carrying. If they have been exposed to males, they are more than likely pregnant.

#4 ·
like they said it not hard to miss, ill see if i can get one of my pregnant guppies to hold still long enough to get a pic of them, but there is a dark spot behind their bellies right before their tail fin and the darker it is the closer she is to haveing fry (baby fish)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.