40-long update...a fish might need to go... - FishForums.com
Logo

members chatting

Welcome to the FishForums.com.

Find the answers to your fish problems or questions here on FishForums.com by using the search box below:

Go Back   FishForums.com > Freshwater > Aquatic Plants

Aquatic Plants Discussions about live plants in your aquarium

Old 12-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #1
Fuzz

Default 40-long update...a fish might need to go...

I've got holes in my Amazon sword. I highly doubt that I'm missing some nutrients because I've been dosing ferts pretty heavy(even for the EI method). I haven't seen a fish chomping on it, but I've got a strong feeling that it is a fish. It is kind of strange that my Ozelot Sword doesn't have holes in it.(maybe it is unappealing to fish?)

Fauna includes at least one of the following :
Neon Tetra
Otocinclus
albino cory catfish
roseline shark
moliro moorii (tropheus moorii)
green severum
rotkiel severum
glofish tetra

The only fish that I really think it would be is the moorii, but i really don't want to get rid of it. I have a yellow banded in my other tank and i just love him. I don't have any issues in my other tank, but i pretty much only have anubias in that one. Any ideas on the culprit?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2012, 09:38 PM   #2
Mikaila31

My bet is on the tropheus moorii. Most african cichlids are not known for being plant friendly.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:28 PM   #3
Fuzz

I did a little research after posting this thread last night and found on a Tropheus specific forum that they're known to eat plants. People that keep Tropheus have fast growing plants or none at all...

I have peacocks in my other tank and they pretty much leave the plants in that tank alone...granted it is mostly Anubias, but there is some Crypt in there as well, which is untouched...

But still, it is weird that the Amazon Sword is the only thing that I can tell is getting chomped on. The Ozelot Sword is in good condition and the Dwarf Sag looked good before I trimmed it, too...Oh well, live and learn I guess.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #4
P.senegalus
Shrimp Enthusiast

That is an awesome planted tank! If you don't mind me asking what lights do you have on this tank?
5 zebra danios, 10 rosy red minnows, 5 white cloud mountain minnows, 6 ghost shrimp, many many red cherry shrimp, 2 platies, different types of swordtails, killifish, goldfish in the pond, goldfish fry, 2 koi, 5 butterfly koi, many guppies, and maybe in the future some P. saulosi
P.senegalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:25 PM   #5
Fuzz

Originally Posted by P.senegalus View Post
That is an awesome planted tank! If you don't mind me asking what lights do you have on this tank?
its a coralife dual T5HO fixture with coralife 6,500K HO bulbs in it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement