I am new to my aquatic plants - FishForums.com
Logo

members chatting

Welcome to the FishForums.com.

Find the answers to your fish problems or questions here on FishForums.com by using the search box below:

Go Back   FishForums.com > Freshwater > Aquatic Plants

Aquatic Plants Discussions about live plants in your aquarium

Old 10-30-2015, 08:59 PM   #1
Aqua-purell

Default I am new to my aquatic plants

First of all I am just as a new beginner to learn how to take care of my aquatic plants. I am so exciting to let it my aquatic plants to grow. It was about 3 weeks old. I am still watching them everyday. Hoping that the roots will let it grow to come out of those my new aqua plants. Everything was set up with black substrate, mini heater, mini compact fluorescent (energy-efficient) and fermentation canister. Reading and researching on my magazines and the books information/pictures. Lots to learn how do it.

One Flourish tab, insert one tab in the gravel for every 10 - 15 cm radius. Leaf Zone with a very small capful about 3 ml into my 5 gallon aquarium tank.

Am I doing this pretty good as I think?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20151029_200940.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	14481   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151029_201009.jpg
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	14489   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151029_203150.jpg
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	14497  
Oh how I wish I was fish to swim in the deep blue sea. I would swim up and down and all around in laps of two or three. There would be no rules to follow, all fun down here. On land rules are trouble, a real pain in the rear. Humans are not wanted down here and for them you must always look. For they only want to see us fish dangling from hook. A sea full of wonder, yes that's the life for me. How I wish to be a fish and one day soon I'll be.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aqua-purell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2015, 03:58 AM   #2
Elliott225

What's a fermentation canister??
Elliott225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 02:23 PM   #3
e048

It's a chamber with yeast and some slurry of liquids where the yeast ferment sugars to co2 and alcohol, the co2 then gets added to the tank via some airline tubing it's a cheap and effective way to inject co2
e048 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-05-2015, 09:16 PM   #4
Aqua-purell

Originally Posted by e048 View Post
It's a chamber with yeast and some slurry of liquids where the yeast ferment sugars to co2 and alcohol, the co2 then gets added to the tank via some airline tubing it's a cheap and effective way to inject co2
That's correct! Thanks
Oh how I wish I was fish to swim in the deep blue sea. I would swim up and down and all around in laps of two or three. There would be no rules to follow, all fun down here. On land rules are trouble, a real pain in the rear. Humans are not wanted down here and for them you must always look. For they only want to see us fish dangling from hook. A sea full of wonder, yes that's the life for me. How I wish to be a fish and one day soon I'll be.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aqua-purell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement