Too many Chiefs! - Page 3 - FishForums.com
Logo

members chatting

Welcome to the FishForums.com.

Find the answers to your fish problems or questions here on FishForums.com by using the search box below:

Go Back   FishForums.com > Freshwater > Bettas

Bettas Discussions about Betta Splendens

Old 01-02-2013, 11:04 AM   #31
C. King

I have had no problems with bullying, bad advice, flaming or arguments on this forum. Of course, we all are responsible for researching any advice we get (or give!) and some people are more verbal than others, but that would be true on any forum. I am grateful for those who share their experiences. The moderators do a great job here, and this is the first negative comment I've read since I joined. I am grateful to have found a place where I can talk fish with others who share my enthusiasm!
5 cardinal tetras
1 dwarf gourami
3 oto catfish
1 bristlenose pleco
1 crown tail betta
2 rasboras
1 cory cat
a few shrimp
C. King is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 11:59 AM   #32
cossie
petrol headed fish freak

Really c.King? did you report it

This is just my opinion but a forum is a place to come and ask qustions. I do not think you shoud try and help someone and answer there question if you are unsure and if you are unsure i think you should state "i may be worng".

As for Loha's comments it depends how you take them, personally some of the blunt ones make me laugh but they are short and give a simple staright answer Nice to have you back though Chard
2x hillstream loach
1x botia kubotai

5 gallon FW
MTS
Apple snails
Giant pink ramshorns
Giat columbian ramshorn
Send me POTM AND TOTM Feb 2013 by 28th

SW setup

34l FW setup

5G FW setup
cossie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:52 PM   #33
Chard56

@ C. King. Since you just joined last month you missed the instances I am speaking of. I too haven't had any of those problems lately and hopefully continue to do so. It seems to come and go and when it persists I just find somewhere else to visit and keep checking back until I feel it's safe to continue my correspondence. I enjoy this forum for the most part and feel I can express my points and feeling without being repremanded or chastised for doing so. (Within reason) Unlike another forum (UB) where I had a negative 125 reputation. I quit making any and all comments even when I knew I could help someone because of all the flack I got from many of the members and mods. You can't even log on there because of malware now, (couldn't have happened to a worse, er uh nicer forum) I got so sick of bad advice and hearing one male Betta per 5 gallon tank I wanted to puke! None of the younger Betta enthusiasts can afford that. When I was thirteen I had a 5 gallon for a spawning tank and a ten gallon to keep the 5 or 6 females in with a 4 or 5 compartment Betta barracks to hold the males. A jar or two for infusoria and a little brine shrimp hatchery and that's it. A five for every male, two 30's, one for the females and one for a growout tank; are you kidding! I thought the old man was going to kill me when I snuck the 5 gallon in to put on the bottom of the ten gallon stand! Don't get me wrong here, I do not advise keeping your Bettas in little Betta barracks and 1/2 gallon jars or vases but a 5 gallon I would at least divide it in two.
Chard56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:15 PM   #34
Betta man
King of the Bettas

Originally Posted by Chard56 View Post
Unlike another forum (UB) where I had a negative 125 reputation. I quit making any and all comments even when I knew I could help someone because of all the flack I got from many of the members and mods. You can't even log on there because of malware now, (couldn't have happened to a worse, er uh nicer forum) I got so sick of bad advice and hearing one male Betta per 5 gallon tank I wanted to puke! None of the younger Betta enthusiasts can afford that. When I was thirteen I had a 5 gallon for a spawning tank and a ten gallon to keep the 5 or 6 females in with a 4 or 5 compartment Betta barracks to hold the males. A jar or two for infusoria and a little brine shrimp hatchery and that's it. A five for every male, two 30's, one for the females and one for a growout tank; are you kidding! I thought the old man was going to kill me when I snuck the 5 gallon in to put on the bottom of the ten gallon stand! Don't get me wrong here, I do not advise keeping your Bettas in little Betta barracks and 1/2 gallon jars or vases but a 5 gallon I would at least divide it in two.
Haha! Lol That forum sucked. I got a minus 24+ rep because I said stealing was wrong! I decided I was gonna go to their houses and steal their bettas after that lol. Anyways, this forum would do a lot better if there were rules against flaming.

Gun control means using both hands.
Wear short sleeves and support your right to bare arms!
Those of you who pretend to know everything annoy those of us who do....
Betta man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:12 PM   #35
Angelclown

I think that there are rules against flamming, isn't there mods (other than Betta man)?

I love this forum. I get to share my experiences with fish and get to learn more about them and how to keep them.

Yeah I laugh when I see loha's posts because of the bluntness and honesty that he puts out there. He gets his point across without flamming anyone.

lohachata: I know you were kidding, but I was like "how can teal be a bird?" I love your teasing, it makes me laugh and puts me in a good mood.

Maybe this will help: if anyone has a problem with someone, they should PM that person and discuss the problem with them through PMs and not on the forum.

Chard56: the betta in your avatar is gorgeous!
Angelclown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:27 PM   #36
Betta man
King of the Bettas

Originally Posted by Angelclown View Post
I think that there are rules against flamming, isn't there mods (other than Betta man)?

I love this forum. I get to share my experiences with fish and get to learn more about them and how to keep them.

Yeah I laugh when I see loha's posts because of the bluntness and honesty that he puts out there. He gets his point across without flamming anyone.

lohachata: I know you were kidding, but I was like "how can teal be a bird?" I love your teasing, it makes me laugh and puts me in a good mood.

Maybe this will help: if anyone has a problem with someone, they should PM that person and discuss the problem with them through PMs and not on the forum.

lol I'm not a mod.

Old 01-02-2013, 04:48 PM   #37
lohachata
Super Moderator

chard...pure purple is another color i have not seen....but if i find a good one i'll get it for the wife as purple is her favorite color....

i really don't think that i am vicious to anyone...yes ; i can be pretty blunt...but i am honest about my abilities and what i truly do or do not know..what i do not believe in is coddling anyone just to not offend them..some folks just can't handle honesty and straightforwardness......as i always say.....i will be the first person to tell you that i am no expert on anything....i am still learning about this hobby.....

and i am upon occasion a wise guy...will often mess with folks......lol

angel......TEAL...............lol

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Blue-winged_Teal/id

if we ignore nature;maybe it will go away

10 gallon..nothing but air

10 gallon...just more air

10 gallon...stale air

just don't ask about the rest
lohachata is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:07 PM   #38
Chard56

@ Bettaman. Only a minus 24? You must not have made too many posts. I got that minus 125 within the first month almost. Someone would answer a question with an idotic, made up; guessed at or just plain wrong answer and I'd call B.S., especially on the amount of fish per tank subject and I'd get jumped on by 12 different fanatics and insane mods. That place was a nut house! I was thinking on that divider thing. Maybe the guy was talking about leaving them seperate with the divider for a certain length of time and then introducing them to breed otherwise it makes no sense, unless he was just pulling your leg. That's the kind of bad informantion that gets me going. Yet another reason why I don't get on yahoo answers (besides not having time for all their problems). People on there just answering to be answering or trying to boost their reputation and rating.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #39
Chard56

Originally Posted by lohachata View Post
chard...i'm not talking about kind of green..or them having any other colors..no other colors on the ventrals or pectoral..no black head..no black edging on the scales or fins...
nothing but pure emerald green from nose to tail...i have to see one and am pretty sure they do not exist.
in my opinion a great many colors around today are really ugly...but breeders don't want to have to cull ugly fish..it would cost them too much money...so they come up with some kind of name and hype the daylights out of it...i just can't understand how or why some halfwitted twit would name a betta color "musdtard gas"..kinda sick to me..

angel.....teal is a bird......lol
Yeah, lets name the color of my strain of Bettas after a horrible type of sticky yellow gas that starts to burn and peel your skin off on contact used in the Vietnam war! I get a kick out of naming the colors of my Bettas on Aquabid. With in a few days the overseas sellers will come up with similarly colored Bettas with the same name or description. Anything with a fair amount of Red Wash is automatically the main color followed by Devil. Blue Devil HMPK or Black Orchid Devil Dragon Short bodied Hi-fin forktailed Halfsun buy-it-now price only $100.00 for some poor decrepid Betta that should have been fed to my Oscar before the age of 3 weeks like it's something special!
Old 01-02-2013, 05:42 PM   #40
Chard56

Default Pm

I think every friend I had on UB was from PMing them to warn them against trying to buck their system. Especially when it can to breeding petstore Bettas. OMG did I go round and round over that subject. Speaking of which: My avatar is the result of 7 generations of my selective breeding from.....you guessed it! Pet store Bettas!
Old 01-02-2013, 07:15 PM   #41
Betta man
King of the Bettas

Lol. I went inactive after I got mad. Yeah, I should've gotten at least a minus 60 rep on there for the time I was on, but I didn't post that much.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:25 PM   #42
bullseyejoey
Fish Keeper

This is a great forum with great members and we shouldn't be fighting. We all have something in common: we all love fish. We are all connected because of that characteristic and we shouldn't break the connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
1 Cherry Barb
2 Black Mollies
1 Balloon Red-Eyed Tetras
2 Bloodfin Tetras
3 Gold Barbs
2 Albino Corycats
3 Kulhi Loaches
2 Bushynose Plecos
1 Gibbicep Pleco
1 Raphael's Catfish
2 Swordtails
1 Neon Gourami
1 German Blue Ram
7 Juvenile Endler Guppies
2 Harlequin Rasboras
1 Green GloTetra
1 Platy
3 Otos
2 Emerald Corys
1 Yo-Yo Loach
2 Serpae Tetras
6 Flame Tetras

bullseyejoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:54 PM   #43
Chard56

Default Purple

[QUOTE=lohachata;329786]chard...pure purple is another color i have not seen....but if i find a good one i'll get it for the wife as purple is her favorite color....
I have a spawn of about a hundred 2 & 1/2 month old Purple fry I need to jar. This is the first one jarred another 40 or 50 to go.

Last edited by Chard56; 01-06-2013 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:03 AM   #44
Chard56

Default Teal

Thank you Chard56. I miss my halfmoon that I had, he was read and blue, but when I took a picture of him he looked purple. I would like to have a good healthy halfmoon betta, the color I would like to get a really pretty teal. Chard56: have you ever seen a teal betta, or get one from one of your spawns?
I already answered this once. I must have hit Preview instead of Submit, darn it. I had a spawn of Plakats a couple years ago. Here are two of the brothers from that spawn. Teal Green:
Teal Blue:
Old 01-03-2013, 12:07 AM   #45
Chard56

Originally Posted by bullseyejoey View Post
This is a great forum with great members and we shouldn't be fighting. We all have something in common: we all love fish. We are all connected because of that characteristic and we shouldn't break the connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Who's fighting? We are having a wonderful conversation. I think one of the best ever! Wanna' make something of it? Ha ha!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement