Too many Chiefs! - Page 4 - FishForums.com
Logo

members chatting

Welcome to the FishForums.com.

Find the answers to your fish problems or questions here on FishForums.com by using the search box below:

Go Back   FishForums.com > Freshwater > Bettas

Bettas Discussions about Betta Splendens

Old 01-03-2013, 12:17 AM   #46
weedkiller

i was banned from a forum for saying 'crap' for 2 years on aquaticcommunity.com, got a message saying its a family forum and the decision will not be reversed...
tbh there was a lot of words that i could have useed that were a lot near the mark and in the uk that word is a real toned down version to what it could mean (if it means summin else elsewhere and offends im sorry).
i am a community organiser in a gaming community (which is 1 down from the leader) and know that if you lead like you are the god or let your status go to your head then you will have an empty community, everyone should have the freedom of speech and should be able to give advice good or bad, should be able to take the constructive criticism when it comes with out sulking like a baby, we can all be wrong in our advice and i would hope that if someone feels my advice is bad then say so, politely, no need to jump all over someone and try to make them look the size of an ant.... (not that any one has)
we can all agree to disagree, if someone does disagree with you, you shouldnt get the hump with it, take note and move on, if you disagree with them you have the right to say so, thats when it becomes a discussion, a bit like now... this has become a discussion, no one is jumping down anyones throat.
If you was to start clamping down on what can or cant be said, within reason obviously, you can lose more members that way as nobody likes to be silenced in life or on any forums.
1 Bristlenose Pleco
1 Mega Clown Pleco
3 Guppies
weedkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #47
Betta man
King of the Bettas

Originally Posted by Chard56 View Post
I already answered this once. I must have hit Preview instead of Submit, darn it. I had a spawn of Plakats a couple years ago. Here are two of the brothers from that spawn. Teal Green:
Teal Blue:
Who's fighting? We are having a wonderful conversation. I think one of the best ever! Wanna' make something of it? Ha ha!
Very pretty fish chard. Too bad I'm only breeding Imbellis. Well, not really, but they are pretty.

I agree. This is a very wonderful conversation. I am insulted that you would call it a fight. I agree. let's make something of it. This thread is too peaceful for a complaint thread.

Gun control means using both hands.
Wear short sleeves and support your right to bare arms!
Those of you who pretend to know everything annoy those of us who do....
Betta man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:30 AM   #48
C. King

ooo, that teal green is amazing! What a color!
5 cardinal tetras
1 dwarf gourami
3 oto catfish
1 bristlenose pleco
1 crown tail betta
2 rasboras
1 cory cat
a few shrimp
C. King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #49
Chard56

I didn't start this to put anyone down but to bring attention to the oneupmanship that was going on and the posting of stickys that were meant to be factual articles on the subject of breeding and the raising of fry. Neither of which are based on fact, personal experience or explain proceedures properly. They needed to be edited for content, detailed desciption and probably spelling. They were just allowed to be posted as is. That kind of mis-information and misguided enthusiasm is what I'm talking about. There's enough confusing, contradicting and false information out there on the internet as it is.
Chard56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:36 PM   #50
Angelclown

I already answered this once. I must have hit Preview instead of Submit, darn it. I had a spawn of Plakats a couple years ago. Here are two of the brothers from that spawn. Teal Green:
Teal Blue:
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! I want one of each. How much are you charging for them, if you still have them? I would like young ones so that I can enjoy them, but not too young as I am still not real experienced with bettas yet. I have to see what I have after I get what I need for my cats, rabbits, and household, but I think I might be able to afford a couple of them.
Angelclown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #51
Vayurules
Always Learning

Wonderful specimens Chard, I can hardly raise fry to adulthood, much less hope they turn out as beautiful as those two. What colors were the parents?
Old 01-03-2013, 10:29 PM   #52
Chard56

Originally Posted by Vayurules View Post
Wonderful specimens Chard, I can hardly raise fry to adulthood, much less hope they turn out as beautiful as those two. What colors were the parents?
I had to think and go back almost 5 years to look these up.
Chard56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement