Too many Chiefs! - FishForums.com
Logo

members chatting

Welcome to the FishForums.com.

Find the answers to your fish problems or questions here on FishForums.com by using the search box below:

Go Back   FishForums.com > Freshwater > Bettas

Bettas Discussions about Betta Splendens

Old 12-30-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
Chard56

Default Too many Chiefs!

Everytime I log on to this forum just reminds me why I don't log on here very often. Fishy friends is arguing with Bettaman and both of them and lohochata are making remarks and only confusing the poor person who started the post by asking a simple question. And what's up with all these redundant sticky's? You have inexperienced young kids trying to make important articles and threads on everything from Breeding and raising to selling and culling Bettas when none of them have a freakin' clue about any of the subjects. How's that spawning through a divider working out for you Bettaman? What the hell, man! Who's running this place. Get a grip on things and do some research and make some actual factual sticky's so these younger Betta enthusiasts have a chance to succeed instead of reading the B.S. you've got posted now. ~ Richard
Chard56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 06:18 PM   #2
Angelclown

I think the reason why Betta man is having so many problems is because he thinks he knows everything there is to know about bettas. I would like to make a sticky thread about how to care for bettas but I don't have very much experience with them. I have only kept like maybe 4 and they have died within 2 years. Betta man just needs to listen to those who know what they are talking about when it comes to bettas. I don't know much about bettas but what I do know I share.

As you can see in his thread, The spawn log, Betta man has been unsuccessful. He has been having diseases with his bettas. I hope that one day he is successful with his bettas.

Glad to see you back. I would love to learn more about bettas and their care as I would love to keep them for longer than 2 years. Welcome back Chard56, please stay!

As regards to why people are arguing with Betta man, everyone has different opinions and Betta man just keeps arguing that we are all wrong and he is right.

We need you Chard56, you know more about bettas than Betta man.

Last edited by Angelclown; 12-30-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Angelclown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:33 PM   #3
Betta man
King of the Bettas

This reminds me why I dislike this forum so much. Honestly, I believe he wasn't pulling my leg, but I haven't tried his way. He has fry too. I trust results. That's why I trust chard. Yungster owns the forum but the old salt runs it and pretty much makes up the rules. The admins don't keep tabs on the mods which is why lohachata has gotten away with those remarks. Betta fry are some of the hardest freshwater fish to raise the fry. My factual sticky is about caring for bettas. It's under the bettas section. Try reading it. I admit, when I wrote the sticky about tail types, I had been misled by wrong information on a different forum. The only thing that matches the description of B.S. is your language. Please get your point across without cussing and other foul language. Also, if you haven't noticed, today is the 30th. Those posts were a long time ago. I haven't seen fishyfriends in ages. I do not think I know everything angelclown. I may not be the most experienced betta keeper, but I do know enough to keep them. The last fish I had die was because bleach didn't kill a disease that was in one of my tanks. Gosh, that was totally my fault right? NO! Not my fault the bleach didn't kill the stupid disease. I haven't tried to spawn bettas in months and the last time my fry died was because some unknown disease wiped them out. I am not the only person out there that dislikes this forum because of trolls and flamers. I have talked to other people who left because of flamers. I have considered leaving this forum. At the rate it's going, I will. I may get banned for saying all this, but it's true.

Gun control means using both hands.
Wear short sleeves and support your right to bare arms!
Those of you who pretend to know everything annoy those of us who do....
Betta man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:04 PM   #4
Angelclown

Betta man: why don't you sit back and learn from these people that know about bettas, like Chard56? I have to go back and read your sticky about the care of bettas. As for flamers, you just have to know how to deal with them. I was on a motorcycle forum and they flame people, I did leave and never went back. Don't leave just yet, just sit back and learn from those who can keep bettas from getting sick. They are hardy fish but they are the hardest to keep. I have read that about bettas. I hope that you are successful in keeping bettas. Lohachata gets away with the things he says because he isn't being offensive, he is being honest and funny. If you have experienced an illness with a betta, share that experience. That is what I do, I share my experience that I have had with my bettas and if I know a bit more then I will share that. I think that the reason why lohachata flames you is because you are coming off as a know-it-all. I know that you aren't a know-it-all, but you do come across as that.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #5
BV77

Above all , people need to remember that fishkeeping is NOT an exact science. What works for one, may not work for you. So advise should only be given from results that you have had, and realize that your way may or may not be the right way of doing things. It just worked for you. When taking someone's adivse, take it with a grain of salt. Get advise from several people, then weigh and decide your course of action.
BV77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:04 PM   #6
bullseyejoey
Fish Keeper

Guys cut the fighting out! Although I will agree that Yungster is barely on the website, but the mods and admins are always here to help. Yes some user make bad remarks but the person I'm getting the most help from is Loha. Loha: shout out to you! People like the mods are only trying to help and as you can see, at least one mod usually replies to every thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
1 Cherry Barb
2 Black Mollies
1 Balloon Red-Eyed Tetras
2 Bloodfin Tetras
3 Gold Barbs
2 Albino Corycats
3 Kulhi Loaches
2 Bushynose Plecos
1 Gibbicep Pleco
1 Raphael's Catfish
2 Swordtails
1 Neon Gourami
1 German Blue Ram
7 Juvenile Endler Guppies
2 Harlequin Rasboras
1 Green GloTetra
1 Platy
3 Otos
2 Emerald Corys
1 Yo-Yo Loach
2 Serpae Tetras
6 Flame Tetras

bullseyejoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:30 PM   #7
WildForFish

Originally Posted by Betta man View Post
Betta fry are some of the hardest freshwater fish to raise the fry. .

Again untrue...
Just putting in my 2 cents.
WildForFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:50 PM   #8
Angelclown

WildForFish: Betta man is correct about betta fry being the hardest to raise. Says so right here:

http://mikejacobs.50megs.com/RaisingBettaFry.html
Old 12-30-2012, 09:49 PM   #9
FRIENDLYFISHIES

Originally Posted by Chard56 View Post
Everytime I log on to this forum just reminds me why I don't log on here very often. Fishy friends is arguing with Bettaman and both of them and lohochata are making remarks and only confusing the poor person who started the post by asking a simple question. And what's up with all these redundant sticky's? You have inexperienced young kids trying to make important articles and threads on everything from Breeding and raising to selling and culling Bettas when none of them have a freakin' clue about any of the subjects. How's that spawning through a divider working out for you Bettaman? What the hell, man! Who's running this place. Get a grip on things and do some research and make some actual factual sticky's so these younger Betta enthusiasts have a chance to succeed instead of reading the B.S. you've got posted now. ~ Richard

Lol seriously?

thanks again to those of you who are so very helpful! We arent always correct with our info, I dont think any of our petty arguments are really that harmful! We still find ways to be helpful...its a community all giving different advice from things weve learned as well as personal experiences...theres no way we will all agree, thats like saying you will never argue with your wife/husband/best friend! If anyone has an argument free relationship with fellow humans please share your tricks of the trade! Id love to know how to manage that. Everyone has something to offer and as BV77 says, take what want from the information that is provided. All I can say is thank you, you guys are like my fish family!

When there are betta educated people on the board, which I imagine you are based on the excitment im seeing from others posting, they really should be helping the beginners, not sitting back watching and then bashing those of us who are actually trying. Its easy to point the finger at others. Try helping not blaming.
20 gallon long planted tetra tank
2x 10 gallon planted betta tanks

Last edited by FRIENDLYFISHIES; 12-30-2012 at 10:41 PM.
FRIENDLYFISHIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:13 PM   #10
Angelclown

FriendlyFishies: I think that Chard56's point is that people need to stop flamming each other, thinking that they know more about bettas than the other person. I agree with Chard56, everyone should research before giving advice and have the experience to give advice. If a person has experience with ich, then they can post their experience and maybe that will work for them. I also like what BV77 said, "When taking someone's adivse, take it with a grain of salt. Get advise from several people, then weigh and decide your course of action." So I think that all of us should take this advice.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:14 PM   #11
emc7

There have been more arguments in the betta section than elsewhere. Some of it is personality clashes, some of it is honest disagreement, But both causes threads to go off an argument tangent rather than reply to the poster's question. I think a lot of us our guilty of reading only "new posts" and jumping into the fray without scrolling up to see what the real question is.

I promise to try to stay on task or keep quiet.
emc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:06 AM   #12
WildForFish

[QUOTE=Angelclown;329457]WildForFish: Betta man is correct about betta fry being the hardest to raise. Says so right here:

http://mikejacobs.50megs.com/RaisingBettaFry.html[/QUOTE

ONE Quote......

As some one who has not only raised Betta fry but also fortunate to have guidance by Betta Breeders, I disagree.

While I will agree with the first two weeks being the most difficult with Betta fry, they are not the hardest to raise to adult.

The key to raising healthy Betta fry, being prepared and dedicated throughout the process in all aspects.

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=81430

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=82911

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=51144

http://www.bettatalk.com/what_fry_eat.htm

http://www.bettas-jimsonnier.com/feedingfry.htm

BUT then again, you need to have healthy Bettas to start with.
Just putting in my 2 cents.
WildForFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:14 AM   #13
weedkiller

how can you say its the reason why you dont come on here lol..
comon guys, imagine it being like your community aquarium, not everyone gets along there either, and because one little fishy keeps being mean does that mean you are going to stay away from there too lol
seriously now, just learn to get along,txt has no emotion and is easy to misunderstand especially if the reader has got the hump anyway,
1 Bristlenose Pleco
1 Mega Clown Pleco
3 Guppies
weedkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:41 AM   #14
Chard56

I wish I had time to try and make sense of all the stickys and make corrections or make my own but I don't. When I see someone giving wrong advice though I will call them on it. I work every day checking my spawning tanks, feeding all 1,500 Bettas plus my colonies of Guppies and Oscar/Catfish tank. Taking pictures to answer emails and post to the forums and my Aquabid page. This is what I do, period. I don't recommend anyone else try thinking they can make a living doing what I do, it's hard, uh; I don't want to say work but it is. It's what I love doing so I don't have to punch a clock or do what someone else wants me to do. My last employer and the assistant and Chief of police of Branson say I have "Authority issues". I just don't like being pushed around or bullied. Ask me nicely and you'd be surprised how far that will get you. I've moderated on a couple other forums but I don't think I could ever keep up with this managerie. I really enjoyed this forum a couple years ago but then I ran into a jerk from Texas (some of you may remember, not naming names BW) and quit logging on for quite some time. After I saw they had left I started coming back but as you can see I was turned off again by all the bad advice and oneupmanship going on. I really like helping others with their problems but like I said I calls 'em as I sees 'em and that only sets up an arguement. I'll try if you do, just quit all the B. uh...bologna.
Chard56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:12 AM   #15
FRIENDLYFISHIES

I guess im just simply offended by the original post. The recent post that we're talking about was one of the first times ive ever disagreed with Bettaman, and I feel I am pleasant about my disagreements...and I get brought into a post that makes me seem like a consistant problem for the forum...its just not right or fair.
20 gallon long planted tetra tank
2x 10 gallon planted betta tanks
FRIENDLYFISHIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement