- Common fish that lives in Southeastern Asia
- Clear and still rivers of Asia
- Tank- 1 3/4" Wild- 2"
- 10 Gallon Tank and up
- Eats Flakes,Brine Shrimp, Bloodworms, a good eater anything that touches the surface
- All over mainly the middle area
- Non-aggressive fish that is compatible with other docile fish
- pH-6.0 to 7.5 Optimal-6.5
-up to 12 dGH
- 73-82 F (23-28 C) Mine have survived through a heater failure that reached 67 F.
- Whenever the lights are on.
SEASONAL CHANGES CRITICAL
?- Not sure don't think so
- Nothing in particular
HARDINESS & LIFESPAN
- Pretty hardy. Live about 7 years
- Big with a convex belly. Triangular shape on its tail. This can be used to sex the fish.
- Males are more slender than females and the shape of the triangle on tail is different.
- Like to school. Docile fish. Sometimes chase each other around my tank. Mine have recently begun to spawn in my 29 Gal.
- Egglayer that lays eggs on leaves. Needs an acidic pH and very soft water. Hard to breed. Needs to be conditioned with live food. Eats its own eggs. The male will wrap its tail around the female. Best to use live plants such as cabomba and ambulia.
- Very nice fish I have six in my 29 gallon. They love to school and follow each other. A great beginner fish and good for communities. These fish are commonly in those nice planted tanks with the angels or discus.