Small pump for water changes - FishForums.com
Logo

members chatting

Welcome to the FishForums.com.

Find the answers to your fish problems or questions here on FishForums.com by using the search box below:

Go Back   FishForums.com > Freshwater > Equipment & Technologies

Equipment & Technologies Find out what the latest and greatest equipment is in the market today. Post your findings or view what others have tested.

Old 09-27-2014, 07:25 PM   #1
Rebelution

Default Small pump for water changes

Hello, i am looking for a small pump i can use for water changes preferably a pump that doesn't have to be submerged so i can use a hose on both the return and the intake of the pump. wondered if anyone here had any suggestions. doesn't have to push a crazy amount of water but i also don't want it to take 3 hours to change 20 gallons either. Thanks for any tips you might have!
Rebelution is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2014, 09:52 PM   #2
emc7

http://www.jehmco.com/html/safety_si...ium_drain.html Call them up ask for recommendations. I have one of the ones you need submerge. I gravity siphon to a bucket and pump out the bucket.
emc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 11:49 AM   #3
coralbandit

If you don't submerge the pump then you will have to prime it manually everytime.Unless you are looking to spend WAY too much money to change water!I use rubbermaid barrels(garbage cans{32 &44G}) to prep and a pump that moves 900gph @3'.I change 32g in aprox.3-5 minutes.
If only for waterchanges look into Mags.
coralbandit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-12-2014, 01:51 PM   #4
Elliott225

I used to do water changes using the Rubbermaid cans. I just used a big power head with a piece of the clear plastic tubing from it. Now I just use a garden hose. With the power head there is no priming as long as the head is submerged.
Elliott225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 05:23 PM   #5
toddnbecka

I use an aquaclear 110 powerhead with several yards of large diameter clear vinyl tubing from Lowe's and a 55 gallon rubbermaid trash can on a roller base for water changes. A few rubber bands around the rubber tubing makes a snug fit into the aquaclear, and an extension cord wrapped around the trash can allows me plenty of reach all around.

^ Please click on the eggs/dragons, thanx
toddnbecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement