submersible heater suggestions - FishForums.com
Logo

members chatting

Welcome to the FishForums.com.

Find the answers to your fish problems or questions here on FishForums.com by using the search box below:

Go Back   FishForums.com > Freshwater > Equipment & Technologies

Equipment & Technologies Find out what the latest and greatest equipment is in the market today. Post your findings or view what others have tested.

Old 09-11-2016, 06:44 PM   #1
antoniacp

Default submersible heater suggestions

I have a 5.5 gal tank housing a male betta and 2 ghost shrimp. With it being summertime, my apartment stays pretty warm. But, with the cooler months approaching, I want to make sure that the water temp stays on the warm side for the fish.

Does anyone have suggestions for a submersible heater to accommodate my tank size? Any heaters/brands that I should steer clear of?

Thanks in advance!
antoniacp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2016, 11:02 AM   #2
TheOldSalt
Darth Ichthyos

Walmart sells a little heater that works fairly well. It's submersible and preset to 78 degrees. Plop it in, let it sit for an hour, and then plug it in. That's it.
NOTE: With all heaters, it is important that you let it sit in the tank for an hour before plugging it in, as this calibrates the thermostat.
TheOldSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 09:46 PM   #3
toddnbecka

Alternatively, you can use a small zoo-med stick-on reptile heater on the bottom of a small tank. The medium and large sizes get too hot w/out a thermostat to regulate them, but the small ones are lower wattage and max out in the 70's. There are also similar heaters made for betta bowls and such, but I'm not sure what their capacity is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

^ Please click on the eggs/dragons, thanx
toddnbecka is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-21-2017, 11:04 PM   #4
supperfish
Love Fish Tank

For my 5 gallon tank, I use a submersible heater 7.5 watts and it works well.
for the tank. I also have a
with one male Betta guy.
supperfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement