Cherry Shrimp in 30 gallon tank - FishForums.com
Logo

members chatting

Welcome to the FishForums.com.

Find the answers to your fish problems or questions here on FishForums.com by using the search box below:

Go Back   FishForums.com > General > Fish Videos

Fish Videos Post in here if you have created videos of your fish or if you have some walkthrough videos that could help out other users. You can also post videos that are not yours that you have find that are helpfull.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:16 AM   #1
P.senegalus
Shrimp Enthusiast

Default Cherry Shrimp in 30 gallon tank

A video of my cherries I started with about 12(I think) and now I have this many. More were hanging out in the floating plants.
5 zebra danios, 10 rosy red minnows, 5 white cloud mountain minnows, 6 ghost shrimp, many many red cherry shrimp, 2 platies, different types of swordtails, killifish, goldfish in the pond, goldfish fry, 2 koi, 5 butterfly koi, many guppies, and maybe in the future some P. saulosi
P.senegalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 02:21 PM   #2
Charlie1
The Pleco Guru!

I love shrimp, they are one of the cutest animals - especially when they swim. Very nice!

Obsessed with turtles, plecos, and corys for life
Charlie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:38 PM   #3
BęttBb

Holy moly! Did you purchase each of these little guys individually or did you manage to breed?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
BęttBb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #4
P.senegalus
Shrimp Enthusiast

They breed rapidly

I bought 20 to start with from aquabid. They quickly filled my 10 gallon tank I had them in so I took 10 of them and put them in my 30 gallon(one in video) and there is at least 100 in it now and I am still seeing new tiny shrimp. So now they have 2 aquariums all to themselves.

Here's a more recent video of them(taken during a tank cleaning so sorry if it looks a bit dirty):
5 zebra danios, 10 rosy red minnows, 5 white cloud mountain minnows, 6 ghost shrimp, many many red cherry shrimp, 2 platies, different types of swordtails, killifish, goldfish in the pond, goldfish fry, 2 koi, 5 butterfly koi, many guppies, and maybe in the future some P. saulosi
Old 02-25-2013, 05:30 PM   #5
ZebraDanio12

Want to sell me some? Lol all i have is females
Old 02-25-2013, 05:39 PM   #6
BęttBb

Awesome now I'm gonna have to do some more digg'n on care and breeding. The freshwater guy at my LPS said he thought they where really hard to breed :/ so I didn't want them.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Last edited by BęttBb; 02-25-2013 at 06:03 PM.
BęttBb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:29 AM   #7
P.senegalus
Shrimp Enthusiast

BęttBb, They're super easy to care for and breed, that's why they are cheaper than other dwarf shrimp. A good site for info on freshwater shrimp is http://www.planetinverts.com/.

Just keep the water clean with regular water changes, feed them about every other day(more if you have a bunch of them), and the shrimp will do the rest

ZebraDanio12, if you're really interested in some pm me and we can work something out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement