Hopefully starting up a business in central jersey soonish - Page 3 - FishForums.com
Logo

members chatting

Welcome to the FishForums.com.

Find the answers to your fish problems or questions here on FishForums.com by using the search box below:

Go Back   FishForums.com > Freshwater > General Freshwater

General Freshwater General Freshwater fish discussions

Old 11-04-2012, 09:12 PM   #31
lohachata
Super Moderator

go to your local fish store and offer him some nice young L-46 Hypancistris Zebra...if you are lucky he will offer you $50....but he will sell them for $200...
this is a cutthroat business.....you have to be ready for anything...and the ghetto mentality doesn't work...

if we ignore nature;maybe it will go away

10 gallon..nothing but air

10 gallon...just more air

10 gallon...stale air

just don't ask about the rest
lohachata is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #32
graceful.04
Aquatic Addict

Unrelated, but my beautiful Guppy (who unfortunately died in the birthing process ) just gave birth to 20+ baby Guppies!

Anyways, Thank you everyone for all of your knowledgable advice. I've learned so much so far. I'm sorry, I forget who said this, but how should I go about contacting thewetspot? I googled it and it seems like just a store, not a breeder. And to everyone who says that you need to go above and beyond to make this work, I'm trying to do this as we speak, creating brochures on every fish I'm sure I want to sell giving basics, details, and how to set up the fish in it's new aquarium. I have many other ideas but if anyone thinks of something, please tell me. I would love any advice
graceful.04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #33
emc7

You are already doing step 1: learn as much as possible for books, magazines and online passive sources
You are into step 2: learn from people. There is a lot of knowledge that isn't necessarily written down. You ask on chat boards, you go to club meetings, you work for skilled mentors and correspond with those "in the know". Most fish people, even the most anti-social, will cheerfully talk about their obsession. People who you'd expect to overwhelmed: college professors, Public Aquarium directors, renown authors are often happy to steal a few moments for an e-mail or chat with someone trying to learn. It never hurts to send an e-mail to ask if a person with correspond with you or refer you to someone who will.
emc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #34
grogan
A piece of the amazon

Originally Posted by bettatail View Post
grogan, now I see you, I just join this forum, how is your tank? and the co2 system serving ok?
Hey! Hahaha I didn't even connect the dots. Its working great now and my tank is growing out of control. Glad to see you joined our forum. Are you still building setups?
Old 11-08-2012, 09:55 AM   #35
graceful.04
Aquatic Addict

Hey you all, so it looks like plans have changed and soonish for me now means a few years from now but I will begin breeding fish in Nassau County area of Long Island NY starting in January so If you are in the area and are interested in buying or even want me to ship to you, I'm going to be breeding Angelfish. They will probably be mixed breeds but if you want a pic of what one of the parents will look like, check out my profile picture. He is just about the most beautiful koi angelfish I've ever seen and I love him to death
graceful.04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:16 AM   #36
emc7

There does seem to be an endless demand for angels. And you want to keep a fish you really enjoy watching.
emc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement