Back with good and bad news - FishForums.com
Logo

members chatting

Welcome to the FishForums.com.

Find the answers to your fish problems or questions here on FishForums.com by using the search box below:

Go Back   FishForums.com > Freshwater > General Freshwater

General Freshwater General Freshwater fish discussions

Old 11-23-2012, 08:20 PM   #1
kcrunch

Default Back with good and bad news

Well I am back that is good news, the bad news is that I lost all of my stock except for one. My Cory which I named storm Trooper because he came through it all. I was 18 days and no power, my fish were transfered to a 20 and moved to Brooklyn were there was family with power. Even with regular water changes my fish slowly died.

Now in the mix of all of that I was able to eventually do a water change on my home tank and began cycling of the tank as a precautionary measure, I now have a few fish in the tank and performed several water test prior to buying anything new and the tank with a 40% water change was impressively good. I was so depressed about the loss of my fish that I was thinking of not stocking up again. To be honest if it was not for the Albino Cory aka Trooper I might have given up for a bit. I now hae a couple of Hap Mooris and Obliquedens a synodontis Cat fish and a few other cat fish as well going to take it slow.

BTW I dropped some of that PLECOCAINE in the tank and these guys have been going totally freaking nuts over it. Thanks again Loha, you also inspired me to keep the tanks going.
kcrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2012, 09:10 PM   #2
lohachata
Super Moderator

glad to see you sticking with it rick...and glad to see that your fish like the food.....i have a few species of africans that are getting ready to breed...when i get some fry ready i'll let you know so you can get a tank ready for them....neolamprologus leleupi.....neolamprologus helianthus(sunflower) and julidochromis transcriptus(bemba)..
that is if you are interested...lol
the best of luck to you my friend.

if we ignore nature;maybe it will go away

10 gallon..nothing but air

10 gallon...just more air

10 gallon...stale air

just don't ask about the rest
lohachata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:30 PM   #3
kcrunch

I am sticking with it and I sure am interested, I have given good thought and have made a clear decision that I am giving up my other hobbies and will be diving in the tanks permanently from now on. The fish are so much more rewarding. I switched my air pump to a small fusion quiet power and found it to be so silent. Now I don't hear anything. And yes I am interested and will keep some room for them to. You have my email you can just drop me a line, all of the fish you mention are right up my alley as far as size is concerned, just let me know when and how.

I feel bad about it all and was told that I cant even recoup my losses from the tank at all, which really sux...
Old 11-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #4
Angelclown

That sucks that you lost your fish. It always sucks when a fish dies. I lost one of my clown loaches last Monday. Possibly due to velvet, but not entirely sure.

I also have PLECOCAINE and my fish like it. I also got some aquari-sol and I hope that my fish stay healthy, have to wait about a month before I know for sure with the aquari-sol. They also like the meal worms, I put one meal worm in each day. Thank you also loha. Baby Girl likes the spirulina bytes also.
Angelclown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:25 PM   #5
kcrunch

It hurt when I saw one go, then one day I come in and I had to scoop out 5 at once I was so out of it. One hurts and 20 was a sin I was and still am slightly depressed about the loss but I will bounce back. Daily I am working on the house and trying to get it back in shape but the fish are my drug so I had to get the tank started again.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:19 PM   #6
Angelclown

That is good that fish are something that you can get hooked on without having any negative side effects from, except loss of fish. Yeah just keep going with your fish. If it makes you happy then keep doing it.
Angelclown is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement