40 gal high quality tank out there? - FishForums.com
Logo

members chatting

Welcome to the FishForums.com.

Find the answers to your fish problems or questions here on FishForums.com by using the search box below:

Go Back   FishForums.com > Freshwater > General Freshwater

General Freshwater General Freshwater fish discussions

Old 02-19-2013, 11:17 PM   #1
amagad
Fishy Member

Default 40 gal high quality tank out there?

I have juvenile discus that will eventually need to be taken out of the 20 gal. Would anyone recommend any specific brand 40 is gal aquarium? I'm digging the rimless tanks and was eyeing the mr aqua tank but I'll need to check it out in person. Looks like it might be tempered glass all the way around which is good but also bad?
amagad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2013, 11:46 PM   #2
amagad
Fishy Member

Hmm this 48 gal looks nice a mr aqua

http://www.marinedepot.com/Mr._Aqua_...FIAQRA-vi.html
amagad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:20 AM   #3
emc7

tempered glass is thinner and lighter than untempered glass of the same strength, but hard to safely drill and, because it is thinner, may be more likely to bow out in a rimless (or broken rimmed) tank. All of the major manufacturer's tanks have very few defects and are likely to hold water for years and years without a problem with very little care (keep level, wipe off drips). Glass tanks usually outlast the filters and lights sold with them, so I tend not to recommend all-in-ones unless you really, really dig the look.
emc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:55 AM   #4
lohachata
Super Moderator

if you are looking at a 40 breeder type tank , i would suggest that better yet get a 50 breeder...with laterally compressed fish such as angels and discus ; the deeper the tank , the better...
try....................... www.glasscages.com ...they make some really nice tanks and have a wide range of dimensions..
or.....if you are handy , for a very reasonable price you could build a really sweet 120 gallon tank.....24" x 24" x 48"......i have built a number of these tanks over the years and they can be made into beautiful show tanks..

if we ignore nature;maybe it will go away

10 gallon..nothing but air

10 gallon...just more air

10 gallon...stale air

just don't ask about the rest
lohachata is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement