Hello all! - Page 4 - FishForums.com
Logo

members chatting

Welcome to the FishForums.com.

Find the answers to your fish problems or questions here on FishForums.com by using the search box below:

Go Back   FishForums.com > Users > Introductions

Introductions If you are new here, tell everyone about yourself and your aquariums.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:18 AM   #46
deadmanwalking

Ice, if you read further into this thread, you will see that I don't plan to do any of that anymore - I plan to keep the fish alive, lol.

And Thanks for the suggestion... I think that that could be a good way to go!
And hurry, you only have until August 1st!!
deadmanwalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2012, 08:59 AM   #47
deadmanwalking

Also, guys... I am sorry to keep sparking more activity in this thread, but do you know if keeping 4 Angelfish, 2 Discus and 2 Rainbowfish would be a good idea if they were to go in a:

a) 35 Gallon Tank
b) 45 Gallon Tank
c) 55 Gallon Tank
d) 75 Gallon Tank.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:21 PM   #48
Obsidian
Administrator

Personally I would go with the 75.

20 Long: 1 Juli Corycat, 4 red line tetra's, 3 Von Rio tetra, 1 Flame tetra 1 Rubber lipped pleco, 1 Curviceps cichlid, 1 blue tetra.

5.5ga- 1 Beautiful Betta, 1 persnickety snail

I have green things with leafs.

Note's from Bradley: "Meow." "Yes I did say meow, and I meant it."

Note from Kiera: "Can I Play with it? Can I play with it? Can I play with it? Please? Please? Please?"

Obsidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:54 AM   #49
deadmanwalking

Heya again! I took a look at the Stocking Calculator (aqaadvisor.com) and wanted to be sure of its reliability. My stocking list is located below:

http://www.aqadvisor.com/AquStockIma...:201004011154:

And the tank is the Jewel Reckford 800 Aquarium. Anyway - how long would I be able to keep this tank for until it needed to be replaced with a bigger one? Would this size of tank be okay to start of with? And personally, do you think that with a FAKE CORAL (because this is freshwater), it would add to the tank and make it look nice and natural?

And finally, I wanted to add a fire eel to this over time and the website told me that this would be okay if I had a bigger tank, but I wasn't sure whether that was correct. Would this be correct? And if so, would I be able to start with a fire eel and replace the tank earlier earlier? And if so, how much earlier would that be?

Lol, sorry for the mass of questions - I am going to be getting the tank and will start to cycle it on Christmas Day and want to get the last minute things out the road.

And finally (eek, sorry for the load of questions again lol) - would a Yellow Dwarf Puffer Fish fit in okay in this tank? No?

Thanks so much everyone!!!!

Last edited by deadmanwalking; 12-22-2012 at 02:57 AM.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:08 PM   #50
C. King

hello ,DMW, quite an interesting tank, you have planned there. Before I go any further, I admit I have a guppy with my (small) angels, which I was blackmailed into by a cute little girl who just really wanted me to have an orange fishie, and I caved. However, I fully expect guppy to become lunchie one day, and at that time, I will lie to the little girl like a rug. That said, here is my prediction:
frogs will nibble angels tails continuously. Guppies will have many fry, which will provide delightful meals for the angels, until the angels are bigger, at which time they will eat the guppies, if they haven't died from fin infection. Fire eels grow HUGE, and are voracious predators. Would do ok in a large cichlid tank, only. Also, water parameters for angels &fire eels totally different, so one will always be unhappy. (but, since guppies also have different water and temp needs than angels, that will already be an issue!) I know you have the internet because you are on this site, so type in dwarf puffer, and the first words you will read on the first dwarf puffer site will be:not a community fish. should be in a puffer tank only. Thats because, while very cute, they are seriious biters of all fins, especially long, flowing, angel-like fins...see where i'm going here? If the angels don't die of fin infection, they will grow up quickly and solve the problem by eating the puffers. I suggest you buy a good book on aquarium fishes, one that displays the temperment, water parameters needed, temperature, etc, for each fish. These books are a bit pricey, but worth it! Then, you can discover a combination of fish that will be compatible.
5 cardinal tetras
1 dwarf gourami
3 oto catfish
1 bristlenose pleco
1 crown tail betta
2 rasboras
1 cory cat
a few shrimp
C. King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:52 AM   #51
deadmanwalking

*Ignore Please*

Last edited by deadmanwalking; 12-22-2012 at 04:08 AM.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:08 AM   #52
deadmanwalking

Hi all! Just wanted to give an update. My final stocking list can be found here: http://www.aqadvisor.com/AquStockIma...:200909300112:

And I only have a few questions now:
1) How long do you estimate I will have before I need to get a new tank?
2) As soon as I get these fish, do you think it will look overcrowded (EVEN WHEN THEY ARE BABIES)?
3) And also, would electric blue fish (I can't remember the exact name, but they are thin and blue - very very small but quite rare and sort of pricey compared to other fish) be okay in that tank? Or no?

Thanks!

EDIT: Add a Yellow Rainbowfish to that too please.

Last edited by deadmanwalking; 12-22-2012 at 05:21 AM.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:00 AM   #53
Vayurules
Always Learning

You do realize the more fish you shove in a tank, the more risk of fighting and death right? And I'd recommend starting with a tank that could hold all of those fish at adult size. The RTB Shark is usually aggressive and is territorial. The Kissing Gourami can grow to approximately 10 inches pretty quickly. Black Ghost Knives may be awesome, but they can grow up to 18 inches. (Having to Google some of this stuff, pardon if wrong.)
Old 12-23-2012, 09:02 AM   #54
deadmanwalking

Slight Change:
2 Angelfish, 3 Swordtails, 1 Red Tailed Black Shark, 3 Rainbows, 1 Black Ghost Knife Fish, 1 African Butterfly Fish, 4 Glass Catfish and 2 Kissing Gourami's.

Would this make any difference?

But after this, i'm afraid I can't think of a way to cut it down any more apart from maybe taking off another catfish (but then would that mess up possible breeding?). Hmm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement