I'd consider myself a somewhat experienced fish-keeper and breeder of sorts.
I currently focus on my 90 gallon freshwater setup, which is moderately planted and thus far is setup as a Discus community tank. Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself and say Hello to all the fellow aquatic keepers
A bit about my setup:
- 90 gallon all glass aquarium with glass canopy
- Still experimenting, haven't found one that I really LOVE yet.
- two 21" Marineland Hidden Leds on top of glass canopy for nighttime viewing
- replacing 216w T5HO with 48" Aqueon Modular which will contain two Day Whites & 1 Colormax between them.
- two 250w Aqueon Pro's
- Tom Aquatics Temp Alert
- Rena Filstar Xp4, Eheim 2236, Emperor 400
- Eco-Complete Planted (black)
- Driftwood, Various Live Plants, a few pleco breeding logs, and some other things that I swap out every now and then.
Some of the Inhabitants
- Of course stocking may change every now and then, but for the most part I have 5 Hans Discus (3 Marlboros, 1 Silver Pigeon, & 1 Brilliant), a couple L183's, a handful of Neon Tetras, 5 Roseline Sharks, a lone Clown Loach (missed him when I sold the rest off), 5 or so Glass Catfish, a Altispinosa Bolivian Ram Cichlid, a Blue Ram Cichlid, and a Red Male Crowntail Betta that's finnage is absolutely gorgeous!
--> I do not use Co2 or ferts in this setup (besides a few Flourish Tabs which I'm sure have disintegrated by now). I try to keep it as simple as possible!