Hello - FishForums.com
Logo

members chatting

Welcome to the FishForums.com.

Find the answers to your fish problems or questions here on FishForums.com by using the search box below:

Go Back   FishForums.com > Users > Introductions

Introductions If you are new here, tell everyone about yourself and your aquariums.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:15 PM   #1
polarbear9790

Smile Hello

Hello I just started back with having a fish tank after a couple years and figured i would join a forum to talk about my hobby and maybe help people with my experience. My name is Shannon and I am 22 years old i have had fish tanks ever since i was 3 and i have had a love and passion for fish ever since then. My tanks i have now are a 55 Gal with 1 dwarf gourami, 1 Blue ram Cichlid, 1 Dojo (weather) loach, 1 Bichir(still havent figured out what kind he is yet pet store had him labeled wrong), 5 black Skirt Tetras, 1 Green Spotted Puffer, 1 Veiled Angelfish, 1 Bala Shark, 2 Bronze Corys and 2 Albino Corys and i have a 10 Gal tank with 1 Tiger Oscar, 1 Kissing Gourami, 1 Tiger Bard and Chinese Algae Eater, I do know that i will need a bigger tank for the Oscar and We are in the process of getting at least a 39 Gal but hoping we can afford another 55 Gal. If you want to know anything else Message me. I am so Excited to be a part of this Forum.
polarbear9790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 11:51 PM   #2
emc7

Welcome to the forums. I had fish at age 12 and can't imagine not having any (had a 5 in my dorm room).

I do wish the PetChains wouldn't stock oscars, or at least make them special order only. I see 2 dozen adorable inch long beauties and know that they won't get 2 dozen 90 gallon aquariums as homes. Yes, they are colorful, personable and intelligent, but so are their smaller cousins.

Tell us generally where you are and we if we spot nearby great tank deals, we'll let you know. The solution to all fish compatibility problems is another tank. Commiserate here about Multiple Tank Syndrome, we are a support group, but we don't encourage seeking a cure.
emc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:58 AM   #3
BV77

welcome to the forum
BV77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #4
polarbear9790

I live in Fort Smith,ar. and yeah i do know eventually we will need an ever bigger tank for the oscar but he is still really small right now. We have been looking up 125 Gal tanks and seeing the prices on those as well.
polarbear9790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:45 PM   #5
Dilligaf_1

Hi Shannon I'm relatively new here too, and so far everyone I have met here is great. Everyone loves their aquariums, all are very helpful, and willing to share their experiences. It's an all around nice hang out, Welcome.
Dilligaf_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement