Breeding Tips PLEASE! - FishForums.com
Logo

members chatting

Welcome to the FishForums.com.

Find the answers to your fish problems or questions here on FishForums.com by using the search box below:

Go Back   FishForums.com > Freshwater > Livebearers

Livebearers Discussions about Livebearers.

Old 01-01-2013, 11:42 PM   #1
MrKrabs

Default Breeding Tips PLEASE!

Not sure if I posted this before. I get differing opinions about when/if guppies get too old to mate. I received a shipment of guppies that are between 3-5 months of age. So now they would be within 6-8 months of age. Long story but I only put the sexes together a couple of weeks ago. Trios in a 3 gal container. Wondering if they are too old now, or if there is still a chance they will mate. They all hang together. The two females chase each other in a circle since they are in a smaller container. Where never like that in my tank. They dont always chase though. Mostly near the bubbler which they seem to love. I suppose I should have kept the sexes together from day one. I bought them as virgins from a breeder. My mistake not to put them together. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
MrKrabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 05:48 AM   #2
lohachata
Super Moderator

i have had guppies breeding at 2 years of age...i don't think yours are too old at all...i think that in a few months i am going to get rid of most if not all of my guppies and concentrate on something different..

if we ignore nature;maybe it will go away

10 gallon..nothing but air

10 gallon...just more air

10 gallon...stale air

just don't ask about the rest
lohachata is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement