1 male to 2+ females gives you better chances 1 male 1 female if you want specific traits, they both work, i think they are highly likely to reproduce in a lot of situations, the larger challenge is raising the fry
__________________ 5 gal tank
many cherry shrimp and dwarf rasboras 10 gal tank
johanni fry 20 gal tank
4 amano shrimp
2 nirite snails
1 bolivian ram 55 gal tank
2 synodontis catfish (one nigriventris and one nigrita)
5 yellow labs
1 jewel cichlid
3 johanni(one is electric blue)
1 ice blue cichlid
how many times i gotta tell you....mickey mouse is not a fish...he's a mouse....sheeesh..youngins..
you need to make sure you are set up and ready for them before you buy them...
platies and guppies are not any different when it comes to breeding and rearing the fry..
1. a tank set up with good filtration and aeration...
2. proper temperature set and stable...
3. proper food selections for best health and conditioning..
4. lots and lots and lots of floating plants such as hornwort and anacharis.
5. proper foods formulated specifically for fry...crumbled up adult food is not exactly the best thing for them..dietary requirements for fry are quite a bit different than those of adults..
fry need to be fed 4-5 times daily...water changes 2-3 times a week..
Wow, 4 guppy fry in 2 months? Thats weird. In 2 months i have 156 guppy fry. Well i did. I have been culling, selling and giving away along the way. I only have 5 tanks, so have to control things along the way. Platies are the same as guppies, easy and plentiful. Had them before guppies. Still have about 6 throughout my tanks.