An Attempt At Planting My 30 Gal. - Page 3 - FishForums.com
Logo

members chatting

Welcome to the FishForums.com.

Find the answers to your fish problems or questions here on FishForums.com by using the search box below:

Go Back   FishForums.com > Users > User Journals

User Journals Want your own blog?

Old 12-17-2012, 10:50 PM   #31
P.senegalus
Shrimp Enthusiast

I bought them from aquabid.com from a seller named Mpfsr. I believe they are a member here on the forum. If you want to buy them from him/her, tell em you are a member of fishforums
5 zebra danios, 10 rosy red minnows, 5 white cloud mountain minnows, 6 ghost shrimp, many many red cherry shrimp, 2 platies, different types of swordtails, killifish, goldfish in the pond, goldfish fry, 2 koi, 5 butterfly koi, many guppies, and maybe in the future some P. saulosi
P.senegalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 04:47 AM   #32
ZebraDanio12

I believe thats the same person I bought them from. :P
Old 12-18-2012, 11:50 AM   #33
C. King

Luv the cherry shrimp! your tanks look nice. Like Vay, I can't seem to find cherries locally, and would like to try them. I wonder if my angels would eat them, though...really don't want them to end up as expensive snacks. I added some regular shrimp, very small, and never saw them again! I have had one for 6 months who is bigger, now, he is either really smart or very lucky. Your plantings photos inspire me to get more live plants, but don't have a local FS with much plant variety. Have you had any experience with internet plant purchases?
5 cardinal tetras
1 dwarf gourami
3 oto catfish
1 bristlenose pleco
1 crown tail betta
2 rasboras
1 cory cat
a few shrimp

Last edited by C. King; 12-18-2012 at 11:51 AM. Reason: typo
C. King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:52 PM   #34
P.senegalus
Shrimp Enthusiast

Cool ZebraDanio12, our shrimp are related, lol.

C. King, I bought most of my plants from aquabid, except the aponogeton bulbs. They're from wal-mart. I have 0 pet stores close enough to visit so I am limited to these 2 options for all aquarium fish/plants.

Sometimes you can find really great deals on plants at aquabid. One seller that comes to mind is Mikeswetpets, he has some really nice healthy plants.

But when purchasing common plants(hornwort comes to mind), or really cheap ones or a large mass of plants, I would suggest asking the seller where they grow the plants because if they were grown in a pond, any number of insect larvae/eggs pests could be included. I found out the hard way, two damselflies were flying around in my room today, and I do not open my window at all so they were from my aquarium. Not too happy with that, but hey, you get what you pay for. As long as giant dragonflies do not appear, I'll live
5 zebra danios, 10 rosy red minnows, 5 white cloud mountain minnows, 6 ghost shrimp, many many red cherry shrimp, 2 platies, different types of swordtails, killifish, goldfish in the pond, goldfish fry, 2 koi, 5 butterfly koi, many guppies, and maybe in the future some P. saulosi
Old 12-19-2012, 04:03 PM   #35
Vayurules
Always Learning

Hey C. King and P, I have a stickied thread in the General Freshwater section that has 7 or 8 fish companies and resource sites. P, that could broaden your buying options, and C, alphaprobreeders/planetinverts would be good sites to check out. And to both of you, aquariumplants.com you can buy well, freshwater plants. Good luck!
Link to thread: http://www.fishforums.com/forum/gene...tml#post327823
Old 12-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #36
P.senegalus
Shrimp Enthusiast

Thanks for the heads up, Vayurules
Sponsored Links
Advertisement