Here is an attempt at "Trading Forward". This is something that I picked up from another forum and it works really well. Basically...you are able to help others out with things that you may have excess of or to just help another aquatic enthusiast.
Here is how it works:
Someone will start by offering up an aquarium related item. A person will respond in acceptance to the offer, and in turn will be responsible to offer up an item of their own as “trade” for the item accepted….hence “Trading Forward”.
Here are the rules of participation. Please note, these rules may be subject to change!
1. There is no monetary price minimum or maximum on the items being offered. That is going to be the nature of the beast with this thread. Some folks will appear to come out ahead, and some may appear to fall a little short. Participants MUST realize they will be trading forward just to help someone out without expectation of seeing value for value. If you are concerned about realizing fair value, don't trade, and don't participate in Trading Forward as you will only annoy yourself! Offer your items for sale in the classifieds. That is the only way anyone is going to be able to insure value for value if that is important to them.
2. Shipping costs/mailing fees will be determined by the person offering the item up for trade. The person offering the item for acceptance may or may not ask for shipping cost/mailing fees if they so desire.
3. If no one likes the item being offered....leave it. Don't complain about it. If it sits, then let someone else jump in and offer something else up for trade and move on.
4. If you are not offering or accepting an offer, keep the chatter down. Seems like those idle posts are the start of things going off track. Keep the dialog to a minimum and the trading at a maximum!!
5. Ideally we'd all like to see an offer - an acceptance- another offer-another acceptance and so on. KEEP IT CIVIL! Chronic whiners, moaners and complainers will not be allowed to participate in “Trading Forward”. Quite a few people seem to enjoy participating in this in other forums, don't be the one responsible for having it shut down.
Thread is open....who is going offer up the first item for trade? Ok - I will!
My Offer is: A dozen RED Cherry shrimp
or Pagoda Aquarium ornament
like this: (Not exact image but looks somewhat like this one)
Shipping for either will be $8 for USPS Priority mail.