you have heard about it.. - Page 4 - FishForums.com
Logo

members chatting

Welcome to the FishForums.com.

Find the answers to your fish problems or questions here on FishForums.com by using the search box below:

Go Back   FishForums.com > Trading Post > Want To Sell

Want To Sell Got something to sell? Post it here .

Old 12-26-2009, 08:53 AM   #46
hayze

Do you still have any for sale? I would like one pound of #2 shipped to 30152.
hayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2010, 10:23 AM   #47
Redwings

Originally Posted by lohachata View Post
i don't see why not..i doubt that there are any restrictions on fishfood.
I doubt many items with "caine" wouldn't be searched =p.

I've had problems with pellets before with my parrot fish, but they love flakes. Do you carry a bigger size flake? Like half inch flakes?

~Sand~
~2x Emperor 400's~

2x Parrot fish, Mating pair for 4 years(7-8 inches)
3x Silver Dollars (Getting two more once my LFS orders them) (4-5 inches)
1x Bala Shark (9 inches)
1x Common Pleco (3 inches)
5x Green cory catfish (.5-1 inch)
Redwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:34 AM   #48
bmlbytes

Originally Posted by Redwings View Post
I doubt many items with "caine" wouldn't be searched =p.
It's not like you have to write the name of the brand on the box. Domestically, you wouldn't need to write anything. Internationally, you would write "Fish food".
bmlbytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:53 PM   #49
lohachata
Super Moderator

i akways keep Plecocaine in stock.....
right now the only flake food i have in stock is a high content spirulina flake..price is $8.00 per 1/2 pound plus shipping...
i am planning on carrying several types of flake and stick type foods..bvut not for another month of so..but i really am not too inclined to spend $1000(minimum order) to bring in products that i don't have a market for...very few people here are of age to have their own paypal or bank accounts to make purchases..but i have sold to several young folks that had their parents handle the transactions..and that did work out quite well...as soon as i get it ; i will post it in the vendors area....

if we ignore nature;maybe it will go away

10 gallon..nothing but air

10 gallon...just more air

10 gallon...stale air

just don't ask about the rest
lohachata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:22 PM   #50
jones57742

Originally Posted by lohachata View Post
right now the only flake food i have in stock is a high content spirulina flake......
loha:

Are these the HBH Spirulina Flakes?

TR
Old 01-02-2010, 08:15 PM   #51
lohachata
Super Moderator

no ron....these flakes actually have a higher spirulina content than the HBH..approx. 20% more.

10 gallon...stale air

Old 01-02-2010, 08:39 PM   #52
Tallonebball

I think I may be missing the point to I'm going to ask for some reinforcement from those who have used it and of course, Loha.
Is the point of this food that every fish loves it or that it is more nutritional than most foods?
I ask this because I have been tempted several times to buy this food but every time I think about it I always come to this conclusion: "My fish already love the food they get now: Frozen Beefheart, Frozen Bloodworms, Shrimp Pellets, Fresh Cucumber slices, and Omega 1 flakes."
Is the point that my fish would go even more crazy for this food? Is the point that giving them this food would eliminate all the others I give them? or is the point that this food is just better quality?
I'm not trying to be a downer I just really want to hear the answer before I'm convinced to buy.
Why do I love fish? You can't pet them, you can't play with them, you can't teach them tricks, they aren't warm and fuzzy... Why do I love fish? Because every time I stare into their little world I have created for them, every problem I have just floats away....

72 gal Eel tank
90 gal Reef
110 gal "Cube Tank" Amazon Angelfish tank
Tallonebball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:41 AM   #53
jones57742

Originally Posted by Tallonebball View Post
I think I may be missing the point to I'm going to ask for some reinforcement from those who have used it and of course, Loha.
Is the point of this food that every fish loves it or that it is more nutritional than most foods?
I ask this because I have been tempted several times to buy this food but every time I think about it I always come to this conclusion: "My fish already love the food they get now: Frozen Beefheart, Frozen Bloodworms, Shrimp Pellets, Fresh Cucumber slices, and Omega 1 flakes."
Is the point that my fish would go even more crazy for this food? Is the point that giving them this food would eliminate all the others I give them? or is the point that this food is just better quality?
I'm not trying to be a downer I just really want to hear the answer before I'm convinced to buy.
Tb:

I am not "trying to be a downer either" but how do you know the value of your Frozen Beefheart wrt my home made Beef Heart Mixture or your Frozen Bloodworms wrt to my live Red Wiggler Worms.

My staples are Spirulina Flakes, TetraMin Tropical Flakes, home made Beef Heart Mixture and Plecocaine. These staples are occasionally supplemented with frozen Blood Worms, frozen Brine Shrimp, sinking Spirulina Wafers, sinking Shrimp Pellets and live Red Wiggler Worms.

My theory (right, wrong or indifferent) is that the more types of food that is fed the greater the probability of a "balanced, nutritious diet".

I can say that the Plecocaine generates the same feeding frenzy as the home made Beef Heart Mixture and the live Red Wiggler Worms.

TR
Old 01-03-2010, 05:19 AM   #54
lohachata
Super Moderator

there is no such thing as 1 perfect food for your fish..as they say..."variety is the spice of life"....and jones is right on the money about the more varied the diet ; the better the chances of well balanced diet...
i have another view of variety too...the more different foods you can get your fish to eat ; the fewer problems you will have with them getting picky and not eating a different food if you happen to run out of their favorite...you want your fish to accept whatever food you offer.
when i bought my first killifish ; the folks i got them from told me that i had to give them live brine...yeah,right....when they came to visit a couple of months later i showed them how their fish would eat gainesburger...(a dogfood in a burger patty shape)..
i don't believe in high pressure selling..Plecocaine is a great food to add to a good varied diet rotation ; but it is not the be all , end all food...if you are happy with your present rotation and aren't interested in adding more ; then you need not waste the money to buy something you feel you don't need.
tallone...you work in a shop..you have all kinds of foods available..so i can certainly understand how you might be reluctant to try a non name brand food...

10 gallon...stale air

Old 01-03-2010, 09:29 AM   #55
Tallonebball

Jones: I don't know the abbreviation "wrt" and my point was not that I know give my fish the highest quality food. I give them the beefheart because its high in protein and I'm sure nothing frozen is ever as good as something fresh made. My point is that I already give them quite a varied diet that they seem to already love.
Loha: Haha the fact that I work at a pet store does the exact opposite lol I am always looking for something that someone with 1000 different fish in their tank can buy to feed to all of them. Even if I don't buy I think I'll probably start telling people to look into your food. You answered my questions and its obvious from everyone else that there is something special about it.
Why do I love fish? You can't pet them, you can't play with them, you can't teach them tricks, they aren't warm and fuzzy... Why do I love fish? Because every time I stare into their little world I have created for them, every problem I have just floats away....

72 gal Eel tank
90 gal Reef
110 gal "Cube Tank" Amazon Angelfish tank
Tallonebball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:11 AM   #56
jones57742

Originally Posted by Tallonebball View Post
Jones: I don't know the abbreviation "wrt" ...
Tb:

wrt = With Respect To

TR
Old 03-02-2012, 06:28 PM   #57
snakemansnakes
Fishy Member

Hi Loha. You have a pm regarding buying some Plecocaine.
snakemansnakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:04 PM   #58
hXcChic22
Loach Lover

I just ordered five pounds of Plecocaine in two sizes (#2 and #3) since all our fish love the food, especially our loaches, since it is a sinking food. We're still working on the supply we received when I won a POTM contest that Lohachata was prize sponsoring.

My package contained what I ordered, samples of the other sizes, a sample of algae discs, and a bag of tootsie rolls! Who can ask for more? We'll be set for a loooooong time now, and I can't recommend this food highly enough.

Romans 10:17, Mark 16:16, Acts 17:30, Acts 8:35-38, Acts 2:38 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

Tanks:

40 breeder - tons of Loaches, White Cloud Minnows, Clown Pleco
10 community - Kuhli loaches, feeder Guppies, pond snails
hXcChic22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement