Fish Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Not Food
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have this tank just sitting on the floor in the bedroom and I can't possibly think of what I could house in it, as it is only 1.5 gallons! Does anybody have any suggestions on what I could keep in it? A frog? Snail? Shrimp? Right now I own a goldfish [Ronald] and a pregnant guppy [Irvette]. After Irve gives birth in her 15 gallon tank, could I move her to the 1.5 gallon [heater and filter, no worries]? Thanks for all your suggestions, my fishy friends!

·
petrol headed fish freak
1,483 Posts
a few snails OR a couple of small shrimp.

i would imagine its way to small to house a fish.

people house bettas in them but i honestly cant see how the bettas happy with it.

·
Not Food
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a few snails OR a couple of small shrimp.

i would imagine its way to small to house a fish.

people house bettas in them but i honestly cant see how the bettas happy with it.

Oh well then I might as well just keep it as a hospital tank.
Snails are kind of boring.
And I would feel bad getting shrimp, as I feed my guppy freeze dried brine shrimp and it is in a way a hypocritical thing for me to do, hahaha.

·
Not Food
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you could probably put in a male beta.. they are pretty cool!
I dunno.. I think betas should have at the least a 5g tank. It's only fair.

·
Loach Lover
1,506 Posts
I've kept two bettas in a divided 2.5 gallon tank. That's LESS than 1.5 gallons per betta, so I don't think it's that bad. They seemed happy enough.

·
Registered
222 Posts
i think bettas should be kept in max 1 inch of water in a 1 gallon tank with about 30 bettas in one tank. its so they can bond.
I really think that a betta would be fine in anything bigger then a gallon. I had one living in a cleaned out handle of vodka and it lived for a few years about 3-4. I had it in high school but im assuming sometime during junior year someone put something in the bottle because he died after a party i was very upset.

·
Registered
657 Posts
you could house some cherry shrimp in there, or you can use it as a grow out tank for your guppy fry

·
wanna be fish breeder
891 Posts
I would use it as a hospital tank, or maybe put some snails in it, but I would say it is too small for a betta. Personally, I believe bettas should have 2.5 gallons or more.

And I would feel bad getting shrimp, as I feed my guppy freeze dried brine shrimp and it is in a way a hypocritical thing for me to do, hahaha.
I thought brine shrimp where insect larvae, and not related to real shrimp at all?

·
Loach Lover
1,506 Posts
No, brine shrimp are real shrimp, just miniscule. Same thing as "sea monkeys".

·
Not Food
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you could house some cherry shrimp in there, or you can use it as a grow out tank for your guppy fry

Isn't a 1.5g for guppy fry a bit small? I went out today and bought a 10g for the fry and their mom. Once the babies arrive, that is. It'll begin cycling tomorrow, once I get home from school.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Brine shrimp are cool too! ya I agree that beta's should have more like 2.5 gallons and up just giving ideas.

·
Registered
657 Posts
they sell one way and two way breeders where I work that fit 10g tanks, you can keep the mom in there until the babies are born then remove her and, presto! you have a grow out tank incorporated into your ten gallon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.