Fish Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting a 10 gallon with a Penguin Biowheel so bioload isnt a problem.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its the 100 the 150 comes with the 20 gallon kit.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I really like my ten gallon setup. One betta, three platies, two african dwarf frogs, and an apple snail.
Or maybe you could do some cardinal tetras and a powder blue dwarf gourami? I think that would be stunning.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my setup has to include either tiger barbs, danios, or tetras im keeping my betta in a 2.5 gallon

·
Swimming
404 Posts
How about a species tank of tiger barbs? Danios might smash into the sides of the tank as they play and swim.

Or a school of pretty tetras would be nice, too. What tetras are you interested in?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Forget i told you anything what is a good freshwater setup for 10 gallon for biowheel 100

it brings a heater but list setups with heater need to

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What about 1 cichlid but I dont know which are suitable.

·
Registered
582 Posts
What about 1 cichlid but I dont know which are suitable.
No cichlids are suitable for 10 gallon.. they need 20 or higher, plus one fish would be pretty boring right?

The Setup I have is pretty cool in my 10 gal.

3 Dwarf Gouarmis
6 Neon Tetras
2 African Dwarf Frogs

But I have double the filtration you have... Are you going for Quality or quantity?

Cuz if you're looking for alot of fish you can do two schools of tetras which would be a dozen...

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Tiger barbs are busy and a 10 is pretty small for them. Danios are a better choice in general as long as they are the smaller variety (like zebra's). The smaller tetras will also do well in there, rasborras, smaller barbs like cherry barbs. But Tiger Barbs really do need a bigger tank.

·
Super Moderator
8,471 Posts
a pair of rams or apistogrammas would do very nicely in a 10 gallon..there are quite a few dwarf cichlids that could work for you...

·
Registered
146 Posts
if i were you id do serpae tetras, 7 0f them with live plants and 3 otocinclus, maybe even a few ghost shrimp. that would be a cool setup. good luck!

·
Registered
582 Posts
I dont agree with some of the advice given here.. But, if your mind is set on the cichlids then go with dwarfs. Just be sure to keep us updated on how it works out so I can point a few elbows at people :console:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.