Fish Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Freshwater Fanatic
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! It'd been a while, I know...

Anyways, fairly recently (about 3 months ago) my mom got a pair of African Dwarf Frogs for our thirty gallon. Long story short, she loves the little buggers to death and will sit in front of the tank and have them chase her finger ect.

Because they tend to stay near/around the bottom, and are slow at feeding time, it is hard for them to compete for the bloodworms with the other fish. My mother sucks bloodworms into a turkey baster and feeds the frogs right in front of them to ensure they are feed.

The problem is, we are going away for two and a half weeks soon. She knows the house sitter won't feed the frogs, just the fish. She wants to put the pair into their own tank while we are gone.
My question is: What size tank should these two go in, and what all would they need?
We have an extra five gallon handy(is this a good size), as well as an aeration bubbler and extra decor/plants (both live and fake). I have various types of substrate, what would work best?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
405 Posts
for how long are you going away?a 5G is more than enough for them; you could permanently put them there. large gravel seems to work for me but dont try sand. no live plants or anything needed, just some places with shade that they can hide like a cave or something...also, if the 5g has it's own independent heater and light that turns on/off(no special lighting, any aquarium light) you can optimize your tank for breeding. but that's another story, ask me if you want some info...

·
Registered
405 Posts
the frogs are scavengers which means they will eat anything eatable you give them, but it's very good that you feed them bloodworms.

·
Freshwater Fanatic
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wonderful. :) We happen to have large gravel, and plenty of extra caves. We would have a light on a timer, however our extra heater is fried (but that another story).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts