Fish Forums banner

Allergic to bloodworms

6K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  ken88 
#1 ·
#5 ·
I wish I had known that before but luckily mine isn't that bad of a reaction. I have to have reading glasses to read the warnings or ingredients on anything but if people like myself don't have them handy they wouldn't know they were potentially putting themselves in harms way.

#9 ·
I seem to be fine with bloodworms and other food for my finned kids. I have only encountered problems when I have to use medications in my tank. Recently got hives when I had to reach into a tank with fungus treatment in it. In the future, count on me looking here for medication alternatives!

#11 ·
The gloves don't have anything on them that can leach into the water? That would be swell. Never found an allergy to gloves. Just seem to have problems with chemicals that have been released into water. For instance... the same thing happened when I went swimming while wearing clothes that had been washed in cheap scented detergent.
Chard56: I've found that when I feed my african dwarf frogs with a turkey baster, there's significantly less contact with the bloodworms. Maybe something like that would help? Or.. you know... gloves... :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.