Fish Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2005 AKA convention will be held in the Washington, DC area over Memorial Day Weekend this coming May. It is hosted by the Chesapeake Area Killifish Club and the Keystone Killifish Club.

I hope to post at least monthly updates on the convention here. Let me talk a little about transportation and the DC area.

The DC area is served by three airports; National (DCA), Dulles (IAD), and Baltimore (BAL). Amtrack also has a major terminal at Union Station in DC.

The DC area is served by an extensive subway system (Metro) and many busses. The hotel is the Doubletree Plaza in Rockville Maryland and ia right across the street from the Twinbrook Metro Station, so if you get on Metro, you can go right to the hotel for less than $4.00. If you have to take a cap, it can be very expensive.

National Airport has a Metro station right in the airport. It's going to be the most convenient to get to and from the hotel. Baltimore has a bus which can take you to the Greenbelt Metro for less than $2.00. The bus does not always run at convenient times. Dulles is in Virginia and has no Metro service. If you go to Dulles, you should either arrange for someone to pick you up, or rent a cat. DC is not the easiest area to drive in unless you've been here before. So I recommend National Airport as the preferred choice.

I'm going to use this message thread to post updates and respond to questions. I hope to see many of you here in DC this May.

Best Wishes;

Larry Tagrin

1 - 1 of 1 Posts