Fish Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

WE RAISE OVER 30 TYPES OF FRESHWATER ANGELFISH,HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR GOING ON 8 YEARS,WE SHIP 50 STATES OVERNIGHT. SIZE AVAILABLE FROM NICKLE TO BREEDER. ALL OUR ANGELS ARE GUARANTEED TO BE VERY HEALTHY. WE SELL NO CULLS !!! FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US WITH ANY QUESTIONS THAT YOU MAY HAVE ABOUT OUR BEAUTIFUL ANGELS. EMAIL: [email protected] OR PHONE: 479-649-1956

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Unless you can do it on a large scale, breeding angels will just barly pay for themselves. If you consider the cost of food, electricity, water, chemicals, medications, tanks, equipment etc. At one time I had 35 tanks with just angels and supplied every LFS in Alaska. I figure after all was said & done, I only cleared about 200 a month. But it was worth it :p

·
Registered
921 Posts
i think breeding fish is more for the "i did that" sort of thing, with a little extra money on the side. not enough to live off of.

·
Premium Member
12,533 Posts
I think there are a few places in Florida that do ok. But for most people, you are lucky if you cover the cost of food. Around here, its really rare for a store to pay cash for fish (I think they have exlusive agreements with the distrubuter), so to make money you have to sell online. That means you need something different and special that isn't easy to get from Florida.

For angels online, you need to start with an expensive/rare strain, like a very orange Koi or one of the new blues. For local sales, maybe albinos or black angels. They grow slowly (albinos have poor eyesight) and ship poorly which most likely makes them rare in your area.

·
Registered
66 Posts
im 13 and im living with my mom and dad so i dont have to pay for electricity. ia m breeding guppies right now and i am going to do angelfish next in my 37 gallon:D but yea im am doing it to say i did it not nessecarily for money:fish:

·
Registered
839 Posts
yea same with me im 12 and i breed platys so for me its not a problem with money my parents buy food,medicine,fish.and etc im lucky...

·
Darth Ichthyos
9,154 Posts
I suppose that someone could maybe call the number and see if these guys are still around? Maybe by now they might even have their own website. This is a 4-year old thread, but angel breeders tend to have staying power.

·
Registered
839 Posts
omg your right this started in 2005

1 - 11 of 11 Posts