Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
Well, yeah, I probably think that almost all of you guys like life stuff,
I myself love biology and maths!
About you?

·
Registered
195 Posts
yeah i find science very interesting, right now im studying ecosystems and such...

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol I LOVE ECOLOGY! I can spend days surfing on this stuff!
About science, I'm gonna do one on the Black ghost Knife soon! That's gonna be interesting!

·
Registered
519 Posts
hey, if you hate science, you won't keep fish anyway because there is lots of biology in fish keeping. :)

·
Darmok & Jalad at Tanagra
430 Posts
I like any animal or nature related science! Anything about animals, plants, space, fossils, etc. It's great!

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm a highschool student, maybe I'll choose biology for my future career, well if they admit me in! I love biology but not always good at it.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Actually, I didn't like a lot involved in Science. It seems like Science has an answer for everything, and being the semi-religious person that I am, choose to look towards faith for certain things. Heck - even people who aren't religious, but have a spiritual side to them would argue much of what Science offers.

Anyway, biology was always interesting to me, but wasn't a favorite.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Science is very important for any one who wants to keep fish and do it right. Biology, chemistry, hydro chemistry, phisics,
I use scientific knowledge i have learned everyday, with my aquariums. Read up on nitrogen cycle and you will never have amonia or cloudy water. you will know what to do.

·
430 Posts
I like Creationism - a very interesting scientific subject which I believe strongly in.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, science is the tool for everything including the development of human kind. Everything we touch today is an archievement of sciene! Though there are two side: a good amd a bad, science will help us to protect and improve nature.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Im in biology I and going to take honors BIO II but i have the hardest teacher. there is one packet, and one test every week. but the tests are amazingly hard, at the end of the quarter most are failing, but he gives 5% extra credit if you keep all of your packets. but the class average in the second week of the quarter was like a 57%. 2nd semester we are going inot dissection. i have a b-. i like history tho.

I like Creationism - a very interesting scientific subject which I believe strongly in.

They are now trying to bring that theory into the class, but there are a lot of law suits about it or something.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Creationism? What is it? Is it something do with creation work like literature, music, drama or something? :-D I'm not native

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'm a zoology major and minoring in psychology. I'm also hoping to be able to get graduate degrees in icthyology, ornithology, and herpatology! :D I've always loved life sciences!

·
430 Posts
Creationism? What is it? Is it something do with creation work like literature, music, drama or something? :-D I'm not native
It is the #1 opponent against Evolution - the creationism teaches that God created the earth and explains the scientific truths behind it, etc.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Evolution is proven... things do evolve. What hasn't been proven is whether or not we have evolved from Apes. I am on the side of the fence where I agree that something higher, and more powerful created humans. However, I do not understand why people fight the idea of evolution.

Why do religious extremists seem to think you either have one or the other, do they honestly believe everything we see today was put on this earth when God first created it? Even in 150 years, things have changed and have "morphed".

Perhaps one day science and religion can come together to reach higher ground. :D

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I think we evolved from ape like creatures. which means there was a common ancestor. most people actually think the theory is we evolved from monkeys. but why would there still be monkeys is a common question. evolution has been proven. there are a couple different kinds of creationist views, but evolution creationism differs more with theology than science. but creationist views change just like evolution theory changes. in the beginning it was use and disuse, which pretty much means if there was a crab that used its claw until it was large, its inherants would also have a large claw. which now we know isnt true, because arnold schwartsineger's (sp who cares tho) kids arent born super buff. I dont see why you have to choose religion over science either.

·
430 Posts
heh - just knew this would bring up a debate - it allways does. I could give many facts againts evolution...it is as much a faith as creationism is. Even Darwin - after it was too late and he had written his book on evolution - saw his errors and admitted it; but everyone had allready accepted his ideas and believed them true.

Take one example - scientists found a human skeleton in the same rock layer as dinosaur bones - that skeleton has been carefully tucked away in the basement of a museum because it does not agree with evolution. Humans shouldn't be found with dinosaurs.
yes they should.

·
Registered
195 Posts
lets not let this get into an arguement now :wink: , as a moderator ive seen it happen this way many times, i will not express my opinion to further worsen the dilema, as i was hoping it wouldnt cause anyone to think of it, but lets please leave this subject and our opinions on it to ourselves, as we all dont have the same views and can be easily offended by them, so again for future reference, keep your opinions to your selves so everyone is a happy camper :king:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts