Fish Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to the recent server problems that took down this site, AquaBid etc and the subsequent announcements posted by Mark which pointed folks to AquaChat, there has been an explosion in the number of new faces in chat. We always welcome new users to chat and endeavor to make them feel welcome. Unfortunately, many of the new names in chat seem bent on being troublemakers rather than participants.

AquaChat is an actively moderated chat and it is expected that chatters will behave in a decent fashion. Perhaps some folks are not aware of the room "rules" so I would like to let all those from FF know what is expected:

1- Play nice please.
2- Use of profanity is not permitted.
3- Verbal abuse and attacks on other chatters is not permitted.
4- The chat is primarily for the discusion of fish and related matters.
5- Disruptive behavior will not be tolerated.
6- Any abusive attacks on moderators is not tolerated.

In the past week the moderators have been forced to boot and ban more names (IPs and/or ISP servers) than they had to during all of last year. The Moderators work hard to help keep AquaChat a friendly place to be enjoyed by all, they do not enjoy having to discipline abusive chatters at all, but will do so for the benefit of the majority who come to learn, to share and generally enjoy themselves.

If you want to come to AquaChat for fun, learning and sharing, come on down, but abide by the rules please. If you come in and think you can behave like a petulant 15 year old, think again because you will not be allowed to remain or to return for some time if you do.

One last note, the Moderators are a unified group, they watch each other's back- so if you get into a beef with any one of them, you should know you have a beef with all of them.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I used Aqua Chat the other day, mostly just to see what it was like. I was only on for about half an hour, so I don't know if my opinion counts. The only problem I had, was trying to keep up...but I'm a slow reader LOL
Anyhoo... my first impression was a great one! So, you moderators are doing a good job, if a random stop-buy has a good experience ;)
Most people were doing fish trivia, and I was fretting about my sick fish...it was kind of weird, but at least everything was kept on topic of fish at all! heh

·
Registered
18 Posts
1- Play nice please.
2- Use of profanity is not permitted.
3- Verbal abuse and attacks on other chatters is not permitted.
4- The chat is primarily for the discusion of fish and related matters.
5- Disruptive behavior will not be tolerated.
6- Any abusive attacks on moderators is not tolerated.
One last note, the Moderators are a unified group, they watch each other's back- so if you get into a beef with any one of them, you should know you have a beef with all of them.
I'm glad to see AquaChat there so the AB people can get their fix. LOL Most of your rules are common courtesies that one person should grant the other but I think your moderators should read and abide by them too. I don't think it is appropriate for anyone (including the moderators) to flame a person in the publics eye especially when the violation was unintentional and non-offensive. It's good to stick together through thick and thin but when someone is clearly in the wrong perhaps that policy should be reviewed. I don't think I should dislike all of your moderators just because one misbehaved. However, it is your site and you can do whatever you want.

Thanks for being there anyway. It is a fun place to chat.

·
Registered
195 Posts
ah so TTA is david, never knew that ..
If you come in and think you can behave like a petulant 15 year old , think again because you will not be allowed to remain or to return for some time if you do.
hey! i take offense to that! lol :king: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sniper- the operative word in that phrase was petulant. We have plenty of young folks who have been chat regulars for some time. They are good people who contribute to the community. None of them is bent on disrupting the room, they don't feel compelled to use vulgar language, they don't type endless lines of nonsense, they don't attack or insult other chatters or mods, they don't try to be in the room under multiple names at the same time, etc. etc.

The age range for chat regulars over the past couple of years has been 13-70.

And yes we have had problems from so called adults as well.

G

·
Sniper- the operative word in that phrase was petulant. We have plenty of young folks who have been chat regulars for some time. They are good people who contribute to the community. None of them is bent on disrupting the room, they don't feel compelled to use vulgar language, they don't type endless lines of nonsense, they don't attack or insult other chatters or mods, they don't try to be in the room under multiple names at the same time, etc. etc.

The age range for chat regulars over the past couple of years has been 13-70.

And yes we have had problems from so called adults as well.

Vulgarity is the garlic in the salad of taste.
— Cyril Connolly

·
Darmok & Jalad at Tanagra
430 Posts
TTA thanx. I think some people needed a refresher course on the 'rules'. It really has been hectic in AC lately.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
If you come in and think you can behave like a petulant 15 year old , think again because you will not be allowed to remain or to return for some time if you do.
Luckily, i'm now a petulant 16 year old. in your face little fifteen year olds.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Doyle does a great job in the chat, and so do all the mods its a great place

1 - 16 of 16 Posts