Fish Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me the best way to treat A Male Betta wih Fin Rott?
What meds to get and so on.......
This one gets the same w/c, food n all as the rest of them and they are fine.
TIA for the help.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hello I always use MelaFix it works great and I found if you keep the tanks bowl or what ever very clean you never have much of a problem and depending on the betta he may or may not regrow his lost fin I has 1 taht did the a nother the did not
Diana

·
Registered
14,961 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree water changes will help a lot-- the cleaner the tank the faster he will heal and start new growth. I do however belive in Melafix we use this in all our tanks at the staore. It is not a cure all by any means but is a good preventative. Good luck :D

Bon

·
Registered
7 Posts
jungle fungus eliminator from wal mart works well... its in a little white bottle and has a gourami on the front... it works pretty well... melafix is a preventative, not strong enough for a case of fin rot... if you use the fungus eliminator, add some salt, and do water changes every 2 days, it SHOULD cure the fin rot... melafix is too weak and probably wont do anything

·
Registered
34 Posts
bettas usually like brownish water so that they can l get more saliva bubble. Meaning in tap water they're stressed of fresh-water and not use to all these chlorine and meatsl etc. With the brownish water it's more like all the chlorine ant etc are cleared at certain and ph is usually almost normal, cause they are steady in normal.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Did you check with Mark on it? As admin he should have access to the IP, email addy and whatever else. At least it could give him a clue whether or not the person is trying to just piss you off by hijacking your handle or worse, want to impersonate you. I'm with Simpte ... "BlackBetta" just doesn't sit right. :|

[schild=6 fontcolor=000000 shadowcolor=C0C0C0 shieldshadow=1]RC=Yes BlackBetta=NO![/schild]

·
Registered
14,961 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've found that the best way to treat their fins is with "Betta Fix Remedy".......I normally use it after I spawn them but I've found it works for fin rot, too. It can be found at Petsmart, Petco.....or most of your community pet stores.....

·
Registered
185 Posts
BettaFix/Melafix ...same stuff. The only difference is in the bottle size and concentration. BettaFix is just more convenient for someone who just has one or a couple of bettas in small bowls, because you don't have to do any math to get the dosage right like when using Melafix. In either case though, it is NOT a medication, but a additive/preventative that will do nothing if the fin rot is stubborn and due to an underlying bacterial infection. If the fin rot is artificial and due to bad water conditions, a tad of salt and frequent water changes will do the job.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts