Fish Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I♥Angels
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never knew BN's could change colour! i moved my little dark BN and the albino to a different tank yday and when i got up this morning my dark one is the same colour as the sand! almost the same as the albino! he looks stunning!! i was slightly worried at first but then after a lil research actually found out the change for camoflauge! how cool!! anyone elses BN do this?! :):)

·
630 Posts
I have read that plecs change color when they want something. Like a black and a light brown means he is hungry or he needs more space and the normal color of a BN means leave me alone. Just my opinon....... And for some species its normal like my plec for instance he is lighter during the day and darker at night mysterious little guys right.

·
I♥Angels
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm maybe i'm pretty sure hes playing camoflauge.. he is exactly the same colour as the sandy gravel and he even has white flecks like the sand too!! it really is pretty cool. my old plec use to change with stress i.e when i did a water change he would go patchy. i havent ever noticed a colour change in my BN's before.. one is albino though. i've had him for a while now and havent noticed it.. also my albino grows much faster than the dark one. the albino one was bigger to start off with though..

·
630 Posts
Yeah like I said its normal for some I bet its pretty cool to see it blend in can you possibly show us some pics :D

·
I♥Angels
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah sure I'm out atm but later when I get home I'll take a snap (hopefully will get to see it through the dense plastic plants!!) Lol, I'm sooo hoping it turns out to be a girl because my albino's a guy.. but I think I can see lots of little bristles coming :( lol

·
Super Moderator
8,448 Posts
i don't know a whole lot about bushynoses..but i have seen them change colors a little..outside of them maybe being a little uncomfortable i don't know what it means..i am not a fish psychiatrist ; so they don't talk to me much..humans are easier to understand ; they aren't as smart as fish..
char....very often females will get some very fine bristles along the very front edge of their snout..so you still may have a female...

·
I♥Angels
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i went to snap a pic and it was back to a darker colour :( i'll keep my eye out and if i see it again i will rush to get the camera LOL

·
I♥Angels
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

not a great pic only a digi cam its not as light as it was, but its blending ish in the pic.. bearing in mind this BN is almost black :)

·
630 Posts
Wow he does blend in!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Yeppers, they can change colour, pretty cool.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts