Fish Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought some java moss(mail ordered). When it arrived 2 days ago and I put it in my tank it looked really brown. It has "greened up a little" in the 2 days I've had it. My question is: Will it get greener? Is it dead? It took 5 days to arrive so I figured since it had been in the dark so long that maybe it is just "in shock". Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Java moss is almost impossible to kill. if it is showing new green that mean it is growing and not dead. Some of it may be dead- that part will stay brown. It will grow as long as it has some green.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it is greener than it was yesterday! YAY! It is still brown on most parts, but is getting about 5% greener everyday so far. Yes it has been very cold here. The day the moss came it was 7degrees Far. BURRR......Thank you all for your quick replies and I will keep you posted on my 80% brown--20% green java moss....wife says 85%--15%

·
Registered
27 Posts
I will sometimes give my Java Moss a ride around the tank with the help of a powerhead .. to clean and separate. This helps keep it live and from being buried under itself in a clump.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts