Fish Forums banner

Discus community +- 444 g tank

6K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  chronoboy 
#1 ·
Hello im a small scale breeder from Zimbabwe and have just been commissioned to do a 2000L +- Discus tank for one of me best customers. I have a 500L discus community tank at home which is great but a lot smaller than the commissioned tank... Any suggestion on the stocking density for this project? This is my first job as a "Aqua Scaper" HELP please:fish::fish::)

Many thanks
Sarz

#2 ·
Good luck! I don't know anything about discus, but I hope it works! It'll be interesting to see the pics!

#3 ·
Id do about 10-15 discus and about the same in angels with a bunch of schooling little fish and lots of plants with rock and logs and a sand for substrate.

#4 ·
I would use very tall plants like giant swords and Aponogeton boivinianus,
Aponogeton crispus, Vallisneria asiatica. to name a few. most of these will like the higher temps that discus like and get very tall leaves for them to swim through and hide out if needed. I like the idea chronoboy said with the angels and lots of neons would look stunning. maybe 10 discus and 10 Angels 60 neons. so they can school together and stay safe from the Angels as that number should allow them to form a ball of fish and that is a wonder to see. Well it looks great in my head.....:idea: :)

#5 ·
Ya I have a buddy with a 180g with 8 discus and 10 angels and a lot of neons, with lots of plants, let's just say I'm envious of it, wish I had rich parents that let me live with them at the age of 25 and buy me nice stuff, my mom stop taking care of me at 16, but his mom is talking about cutting him off and kicking him out and if she does that then I might be comming up on a nice tank for cheap...... :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.