·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[email protected] (Jay Crews)
Reply-to: [email protected]
To: [email protected]

"Dear Franklin,

Thank you for your support and your e-mail. We had a scheduling conflict with our printer and our editorial calendar. We were facing the problem of the January issue hitting in the newsstand in February. This would have been a disaster, many newsstands will not place magazines with "back dates" on them. To resolve this issue, we had the covers of the January issue re-printed, they now say February 2005. This issue will hit the newsstands 2/4/05. The subscriber's issues were mailed out last week. The next issue of FAMA will be the March 2005 issue. Your expiration date will be adjusted to reflect the change.

We sincerely apologize for the confusion and the lateness of the magazine.

All the best,

Jay"

I am amazed at how far FAMA has gone down since DON DEWEY died. He would be ashamed. For a magazine to miss an issue due to "conflicts" is unforgivable. Pink blue and pastel issues were bad enough but this is amazing.

Aquayne

·
Registered
3 Posts
I work for a MAJOR newspaper . We also do commercial print jobs . Scheduling conflict ? They need a new printer if thats the case . Cash flow problem ? More likely . I don't think I will be renewing my sub. . Too bad after 15 years . Glad I did'nt buy a lifetime . Sad to see a once good publication go downhill .

·
fishgeek
674 Posts
They've been going slowly downhill - they lost quite a few quality writers over the past few years, and I've seen some 'dirty laundry' aired out online between a current writer and one of the previous writers that suggested that they are going to lose more.

·
Darth Ichthyos
9,154 Posts
Ted Colletti is moving his livebearer column to TFH starting next month.
The thing is, FAMA turned a lot of guys into minor celebrities of a sort, and they're all looking for new outlets to feed their egos.
Still, I can assure you that FAMA is not suffering from a lack of material; it takes about five months to get something printed after submittal.
Please reconsider such comments regarding FAMA going downhill since Dewey died. After all, we don't have to put up with "Splashing around with Sally" anymore, do we?
The appearance of Coral Magazine on the market has no doubt had an impact on FAMA and AFM and TFH's sales, and I wouldn't be surprised one bit to find that part of FAMA's delays are due to a hasty reformatting in response to TFH's new format.
I don't think FAMA is going under anytime soon, although I will say that they never did pay me for a five-page article it printed last year, which is why I sent my latest article to TFH. I have no idea if sloppy accounting like that is what is leading to FAMAs current problems, but hey, the way I see it, it's more opportunity for new writers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts