Fish Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Um....what are fish flakes? i.e. the ones under a users avitar.

·
Registered
81 Posts
It was a point system that I enabled. You got points for posting topics, replies and viewing the forums.

You could trade the points in for features such as a [glow=seagreen:2aaea12741]glowing name[/glow:2aaea12741] or a custom title.

I decided it did not add much to the forums. It can be added back on if everyone thinks it is worth it.

·
Devout Heathen
576 Posts
Ah...the topic I was looking for. Actually, and explanantion of the new features would be helpfull. But there are a lot of new things I haven't seen an explanation for ie the karma rating I see. Any chance of a section or sidebar explaing the feaures?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Karma: Allow your users to rate other users on a post per post basis with Karma ratings. Good karma and bad karma will be given based upon what your users think of the posting.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mark,
I rather like the idea of the fish flakes. It sounds like fun, and it really coulndn't hurt anything. :lol:

·
Registered
195 Posts
not me, what is someone has a grudge or something like that, then youll get bad karma, and bad karma is bad :evil: lol

but the flakes, i like

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I still like karma. there shoudl be a poll. also people can abuse the flakes too. maybe.

·
Registered
195 Posts
and the jarma aswell, alot of things that can happen, you just need to trust in people is all :roll: :chair: :withstup: :cake: :fun: :king: :argue: :help: :welcome:

aha, atlast we have a welcome smily, and many more (its growing on me , ahhh take it off, take it off!!)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I like both ideas

·
Registered
195 Posts
aww, i got negative karma? lol how did that happen, and i thought i was being nice :king: well, no more nice guy then :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
So there is karma? Oh i think i see it. +1 yay. A lot of forums have the karma system, but with different names for it, like reps.

I'm not sure about the rules of Karma, when and when not to give it. but i gave ya a positive sniper, just because i saw u had 2 neg, lol. if i were you, i'd always be wondering who gave me that negative rep.

·
Registered
195 Posts
i know i have 2 neg now :( but just so ya know i gave you and a couple other people (mostly the ones on my buddy list +1 karma) i think someone hates me..... lol

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Well so much for the karma being anonymous. I thought i had a secret admirer. dont worry no one will take the karma too seriously. but i would be paranoid about who was stalking and giving neg flakes.

·
Fish Executive
2,168 Posts
I think the karma is a good idea to a point but some people may abuse the system and things might start to get out of hand.
Lets just wait and see how it goes.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Yes, very true. I too, have a negative point. It seems many people have negatives, and it seems 'fishy' to me, because most people have only been here a few days... hardly long enough to offend and upset people. Oh well, I didn't pay attention to the karma thing before, and won't in the future.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts