Fish Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Try phoning some local fish shops. some may be able to special order one for you.

Does anyone know where I could find a Freshwater Stingray for starting out? I can only find them with wholesalers and I did find one stingray for $130 at riverwonders.com but I'd like to find a smaller one or a hardier one if at all possible. Please let me know if have seen them for sale in states close to Louisiana or in the United States period at this site, my email: bassbuildinbubba@yahoo.com, or my phone: (281) - 961- 1526. Thank you for reading and feel free to post any comments at all.
All of my local pet stores in PA sell them.
Most are about 5" and cost $48 usually.

Pets plus
The Hidden Reef

Hey all! Noob here with a question.

I a looking at the possiblility of getting a motoros ray and i was wondering about tank size. I saw the 125 gallon recomendation, but as i understand it, rays stay to the bottom mostly. So a ray does not need a deap tank, just alot of area on the bottom. If i was going to build a tank for a ray of non-glass material, so it was more a pond than a tank, what gallonage am i looking at, or is it then a matter of size? If i did a 6 to 8 foot wide by 2 foot deep (front to back) by 1 to 2 foot high (depth of water) would that be sufficiant?

I read the above post about the indoor pool, something like that but on a smaller scale.

Also im looking so see if someone can suggest a non-toxic sealent i could use to line the tank. If it was build from a strong but toxic material like fiber-glass i would need to use a pond liner or get a sealent material i could paint on to keep the rays safe. I'd prefer the sealent to the pond liner because of flexability.

Anyone have any comments, please let me know. Thanks!

-Seth

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.