Fish Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Grandma found a 25g tank, she called us and said she'll see how much it costs if we were interested. Of course (DUH) I'm interested, But what are some good Beginner Fish That I can get (IF of course I can get the tank)

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
If you enjoy watching babies grow, get a rainbow of colors of Platies, they can be very entertaining. And more forgiving of our "learning curves" :p

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Start slow, because your tank will need to go threw the Nitrogen Cycle (look in the beginner section)
I'd say no more then 8-10 for now, you can add more later :p

·
Registered
303 Posts
To go with your Platies you could have some tetras. Most will be fine in a 25g. Black Neons, Lemon tetras, Bloodfins and Glowlight tetras are all good starting tetras. They are schoolers, so its recommended you get atleast 6.

You could get a smaller number of Platies and then a school of Tetras to have some variety.

A handful of Cories for the bottom would finish it off. They are schoolers too, so its recommended you get atleast 4-5 of one type.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Harlequin Rasboras are a good fish. They color up nicely when you get them home, school together and their scales will have a metallic shine to them.

·
Super Moderator
1,365 Posts
I like the black neon tetras. Very pretty black markings and nice sheen and they are tough little fish. A school of 5-8 with one or two of the above mentioned would be great. Mix them up with something with color and you would have a great show tank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts