Fish Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Fish Loverrr.
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my name is kathryn gaines i desided to register here on fishforums because i have alot of questions and people at pet stores sometimes dont know what they're talking about. so the answers on here are all from people who have aquariums themselves.

recently i bought a 29 gallon glass tank with complete hood with lights, a 100 watt heater and a power filter. my tank is freshwater and its about finished cycling. i have natural looking smooth gravel with neutral colors like browns tans and whites. I have a rock ornament in the center for hiding places and two large fake plants and one smaller fake plant. I have two gold gouramis and 5 tiger barbs. im looking into adding real plants and removing the fake ones. i'd like to have another group of small schooling fish. let me know what you think or any suggestions, thanks :D

· My Harlequin Rasboras
586 Posts
Welcome to the site!

We are here to help you with anything you need, and feel free to ask! Your setup sounds like it is going smoothly so far, just watch out with Tiger Barbs. They can tend to be aggressive.

630 Posts
Re: Hey everyone I'm new here!!

Welcome to FishForums.com! Please enjoy the site!

· Registered
56 Posts
Welcome Kathryn - I am new here too as well as my name is Catherine. I have several long finned rosy barbs. They have gotten to be quite large and are very aweome to watch. I have never had tiger barbs as I like fish with long flowing fins and the tiger barbs tend to be nippy with them. I will let others give their advice on good tank mates with the tiger barbs you have. Good luck getting all set up and have a super day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.