Fish Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again. First I want to thank everyone who provided feedback to me regarding the ammonia in my tank. I followed your advise and now my tank is ammonia free. Now I have high nitrites. I'm assuming this is part of the cycle that the tank goes through, but wanted to make sure. I'm still doing partial water changes (replacing about 5 gallons from my 20 gallon tank), but only once every two or three days. Per your advice, I also stopped adding chemicals. The nitrites are about 2.0 ppm and the nitrate levels are starting to rise. My fish appear to be fine. I only feed them a pinch of food once a day. The tank water is crystal clear. I have four live plants that I placed in the tank when my ammonia levels were going through the roof. Is there anything else I should be doing?

Thanks,
Eric in Fairfax, VA

·
Super Moderator
8,473 Posts
all part of the cycle process.....keep up your water changes and you will soon see your water parameters stabilize...

·
Registered
784 Posts
It freaks you out a bit when you see the numbers after testing but just be patient, it all comes with time and patience. The guys on here are pretty good too with help and advice, takes time to get an answer but when you get it the answers are precise and informative. Good luck and enjoy the tank

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.