Fish Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
5 common gold fish
1 pleco
14 gallon tank

I just started a couple months ago with these fellas. I want to get another tank, something around 30 gallon size. Currently they are only 1-2 inches each. Basically the plan is when they need it get the 30 gallon. If they grow too fast or grow out of the 30 gallon they will go in an outside pond my FIL has.

·
Registered
242 Posts
You're going to need something a lot larger than a 30 gallon tank for 5 commons. You'll need at least a 100 gallon tank if you intend to keep them in a tank rather than a pond.

Thanks. I know they would grow out of the 30. I just found out my father-in-law has an 80 (aprox) gallon tank he said we can have. It needs cleaning to be a bit refurbished (paint and stuff). So I think I will do that. They are currently not larger then 2 inches. So I figure I got maybe a year they can stay in the current tank but I will be moving them into the bigger tank in the spring/summer. Then they probably have a couple years or so in that tank before they would need a pond. Then they go in the FIL's pond. I think that's my plan for now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.