Fish Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4 siamese fighting fish (2 males (yes males) and 2 females), platies and small babies, one shrimp, i ballon molly (freshwater) and baby guppies right now all are living in harmony. I was just wondering I have had 3 powder blue dwarf gourami's and a flame dwarf gourami but they died a little while ago. i am very pleased with the tank right now but was wondering if you think I could try gourami with my male betta and small babies. i figure the fighing fish are doing just fine but they might fight the gourami. and possibly eat the babies. maybe i will wait a little bit. BUT IS THERE ANY OTHER GOURAMI THAT I COULD TRY ASWELL MAYBE WHEN MY GUPPIES HAVE GROWN?????
I like the colourful larger ones like the dwarf flame/gourami and was wondering if gentle fish like my platies could go in with a croaking gourami, thick lipped or indian gourami??? thanks

G

·
Teale,

most gourami's are terrotorail fishes, the larger ones that is. how big is the tank?

Dwarf Gouramis are prone to a sickness called the Dwarf Gourami sickness. where they go from a healthy eating fish to a skinny non eating fish and die.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I thought the first rule was never to speak of fight club? lol Teale, you are already in dangerous water with having 2 male bettas AND 2 female bettas, throwing any type of gourami in that mix could start something really bad. If you look at the face, you will see how gourami and bettas are very similar and thats because they are related, both are labyrinth fish and more often than not, both don't get along. I would just be happy that am already doing something impossible and maybe find different fish to add.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts