Fish Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Am I missing an eyebrow?
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I wait and wait for my parents to get me my 75g tank, I have had time to look over and review my list (some of you may remember that discussion). After some research, I have decided to make a few changes, and I would like to know if these are all right. OK, so, the original list looked like this:

[FONT=Kristen ITC, cursive]4 Upside-down Catfish[/FONT] ([FONT=Kristen ITC, cursive]Synodontis nigriventris[/FONT])
[FONT=Kristen ITC, cursive]1 Angel Catfish[/FONT] ([FONT=Kristen ITC, cursive]Synodontis angelicus[/FONT])
[FONT=Kristen ITC, cursive]1 Striped Catfish[/FONT] [FONT=Kristen ITC, cursive](Synodontis flavitaeniatus[/FONT])
[FONT=Kristen ITC, cursive]1 Butterfly Pleco (L168)[/FONT] ([FONT=Kristen ITC, cursive]Peckoltia pulcher[/FONT])
[FONT=Kristen ITC, cursive]1 Ropefish[/FONT] ([FONT=Kristen ITC, cursive]Erpetoichthys calabaricus[/FONT])
[FONT=Kristen ITC, cursive]2 Senegal Bichirs[/FONT] ([FONT=Kristen ITC, cursive]Polypterus senegalus[/FONT])
[FONT=Kristen ITC, cursive]6 Giant Danios[/FONT] ([FONT=Kristen ITC, cursive]Danio aequipinnatus[/FONT])
[FONT=Kristen ITC, cursive]1 Betta[/FONT] ([FONT=Kristen ITC, cursive]Betta splendens[/FONT])
[FONT=Kristen ITC, cursive]2 Kuhlii Loach[/FONT] ([FONT=Kristen ITC, cursive]Pangio Kuhlii[/FONT])
[FONT=Kristen ITC, cursive]6 Glass Catfish[/FONT] ([FONT=Kristen ITC, cursive]Kryptopterus bicirrhis[/FONT])

Instead of the L168, I would like to get some other pleco (I can't afford the L168!), but I am of yet undecided here. Any ideas?

Also, instead of a single ropefish (I have read how they like to be in groups), I would like to get a shark, either a bala shark or a red tail shark. That, or I would like to have the shark originally in my 20 (got for free, owners had no clue about fish) but I have no clue what the shark was. It doesn't look like any of the pictures I have seen of other fish, so I have included a picture here. Any ideas? Very old picture, BTW. He's been dead since December 08.

Anyways, I guess that's it. Just minor changes. Just need to know if this new list will be alright.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Bala sharks also like to be in groups(6-8), and they can get around a foot long.

·
Am I missing an eyebrow?
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mmmm... I missed that. Well, does anybody know what the fish in the picture is?

·
Am I missing an eyebrow?
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump......

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Did it eat algae? It may be some version of a flying fox

·
Am I missing an eyebrow?
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Algae? Actually, I'm not sure what it ate. It died shortly after I got it. I have a feeling it wasn't being fed right though. They only fed the tank inhabitants flakes.

·
Am I missing an eyebrow?
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I don't know...

Body structure is similar, but he didn't have a down turned mouth... he would stay in one spot the whole day, not going up to eat the flakes when I put them in the tank (before I got the variety of food I have now), but he did show some interest in the goldfish. That's why the divider was there. I was worried he was going to eat the goldfish. They were pretty small at the time.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've noticed that you have a lot of bottome dwellers in your list. Why not add or substitute some for some middle dwellers. It's always good to fill in each area of the tank.

Also khuli loaches love to be in groups. The more you have, the more oftwen you will see them. If they are in small groups or are by themselves, they will tend to make themself dissapear until night-time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts